Memorial Cove Condominiums At 6007 Memorial Dr.

Porchman

I would venture to say that a fair number of them were poor investments. Many of them sold for considerably more than than what they are listed at today. Buyers were likely optimistic about making a profit based on the location.

I feel sorry for those that actually bought them as a personal residence and are living there today.

I went and looked at two of the units and many of the doors inside the units on the east side of the building could not be opened. I was wondering if there were some foundation problems and many of the owners just let their units go instead of pay a massive fee to have the building fixed.

Some of the units are getting close to excellent deals, but I wouldn't buy anything in the building without knowing what is going on... Sometimes I wish banks had to have disclosures.

They are victims of all of the foreclosures in the building. For many of them, the values have dropped considerably since they purchased.

It would be scary, indeed.

I went and looked at two of the units and many of the doors inside the units on the east side of the building could not be opened.

Some of the units are getting close to excellent deals, but I wouldn't buy anything in the building without knowing what is going on... Sometimes I wish banks had to have disclosures.

Wow, even more scary. The Property Group developed this property. Anybody familiar with them/their developments?

They are victims of all of the foreclosures in the building. For many of them, the values have dropped considerably since they purchased.

As someone who bought a house in Katy in 1984, just as the price of oil plummeted, and whose house lost 50% of its value due to the many foreclosures that went to auction (thanks to ARMs), I feel their pain. It took me close to 12 years before it appreciated enough to sell for what I owed and I still took $4,000 to the table.

Luckily, they are in a much better location.

• 3 months later...
As someone who bought a house in Katy in 1984, just as the price of oil plummeted, and whose house lost 50% of its value due to the many foreclosures that went to auction (thanks to ARMs), I feel their pain. It took me close to 12 years before it appreciated enough to sell for what I owed and I still took $4,000 to the table.

Luckily, they are in a much better location.

Any info on this building? There are still 7 units in foreclosure in this building, according to the HAR website. Is this another Tremont Towers in the making?

• The title was changed to Memorial Cove - 6007 Memorial Dr.
  • The title was changed to Memorial Cove Condominiums At 6007 Memorial Dr.

Archived