Lawndale St. & Dismuke St.

Since noon today, another trash-out has happened at corner of Dismuke & Lawndale. The 2nd house from corner Dismuke & Hillman was dozed today. At 4:30 house was gone! Garage still standing. Vertigo, do you have any champaign glasses left, or have they all been used & broken in celebration??? We really do need to have a 'hood celebration! Danax, any pics for progress in 'ol Sunnylan[d]?

Since noon today, another trash-out has happened at corner of Dismuke & Lawndale. The 2nd house from corner Dismuke & Hillman was dozed today. At 4:30 house was gone! Garage still standing. Vertigo, do you have any champaign glasses left, or have they all been used & broken in celebration??? We really do need to have a 'hood celebration! Danax, any pics for progress in 'ol Sunnylan[d]?

Sorry, no pics. I probably would hold off on the champagne until you see the whites of their eyes. I say that because our nabe is very similar and, while the location has started to attract attention, it's been in the form of rinky-dink development by small timers. While it is possible that a major townhouse developer might discover Sunnlylan, it's unlikely they'd tear down a structure to start off. More likely candidates would be 1) New house that won't fit the surrounding architecture, 2) Mexican McMansion, 3) Cantina with bikini dancers :P .

Gossip is that the owners of the med center on corner is buying/trashing & it's for future parking. Regardless of who is doing it, cleared lots look great compared to the bars/tireshop. None of it will affect me though, but it's interesting to see the change as the East End was "forgotten" for so long. As with the Heights, it takes t-i-m-e. I'm having very good luck with investment in No. Side at present time.

Vertigo, get in touch with me as for ?unknown? reasons, I cannot send pm anymore. WOW! That's a switch for me. I was never sent to the Principle's office. Guess I'm developing an "attitude" along with grey hair :). Someone told me there are deed restrictions in the area. Know anything @ it? the info I find shows the restrictions ended years ago & were never renewed. I have a copy of the old restrictions somewhere in files. They were quite interesting reading.

Sorry, no pics. I probably would hold off on the champagne until you see the whites of their eyes. I say that because our nabe is very similar and, while the location has started to attract attention, it's been in the form of rinky-dink development by small timers. While it is possible that a major townhouse developer might discover Sunnlylan, it's unlikely they'd tear down a structure to start off. More likely candidates would be 1) New house that won't fit the surrounding architecture, 2) Mexican McMansion, 3) Cantina with bikini dancers :P .

What has happened to Charo? Cantina with bikini dancers would probably be a huge draw for the 'hood. With new liquor license needed for such, the Church & Kipp School would probably keep that from happening.

Coo chee...coo chee

charo-color-70.jpg

Your right, talk is cheap when the story is good.

I was told that Villa de Matel convent bought those corner lots but that is impossible since both sides had trees and sidewalks installed months ago to mirror the Santa Clara Plaza. Just glad the two lousy businesses are gone. No more Charo or cuchhi... cuchi..boom...boom... for now. :)

Villa de Matel buying would be quite interesting! We haven't had any connections to Church's gossip in the area since parents passed away. Mother-in-Law was so very active in Blessed Sacrement & usually knew what was going on concerning Catholic activities in the area. LindaVista is listed on HCAD as owners of 5539 & 43 which are addresses of the 2 trashed out on Hillman behind the Clubs. There is a large metal building between the commercial on Lawndale & residential on Hillman in the middle of that block that I am wondering when it will be trashed. It has looks of old fabricating shop & I think it was for sale about a yr ago on HAR.COM. The address given was Hillman. The corner nst on Lawndale must have originally been a service station, as last week the storage tanks were removed. Supervising the guys with equipment was a young blond lady. Hubby almost wrecked the Suburban turning the corner:):).

Your right, talk is cheap when the story is good.

I was told that Villa de Matel convent bought those corner lots but that is impossible since both sides had trees and sidewalks installed months ago to mirror the Santa Clara Plaza. Just glad the two lousy businesses are gone. No more Charo or cuchhi... cuchi..boom...boom... for now. :)

Hubby almost wrecked the Suburban turning the corner:) :) .

Now that sounds like some cuchi... cuchi...boom...boom! Ole! :P

I can only state that since those beer joints vanished so did all the racing cars, loud music, happy hookers & trouble.

I will lead the conga line down Lawndale but with our luck, get hit by a DUI. lol

• The title was changed to Lawndale St. & Dismuke St.

Archived