Damn Noisy Cicadas! (Trying To Enjoy Quiet Evening On Porch

So, I decided to hang out on my back porch and enjoy this absolutely beautiful weather.

I was reading my paper for a good 20-30 mins (around 545pm) until several Cicadas decided to make noise in a bush about 2 feet away from me. The noise was almost deafening!

Now, normally I can put up with them because im indoors, but im wondering, is there anything that can be done, short of :

1) finding them, and crushing them with my foot

2) spraying them with gasoline and tossing a match into the bush

That doesnt involve chemicals ?

Anything natural that would make them move to a bush say 30 feet away ? Heh.

I know this is wishful thinking, just wondering if you guys have ever had experience with anything to quieten these things.

So, I decided to hang out on my back porch and enjoy this absolutely beautiful weather.

I was reading my paper for a good 20-30 mins (around 545pm) until several Cicadas decided to make noise in a bush about 2 feet away from me. The noise was almost deafening!

Now, normally I can put up with them because im indoors, but im wondering, is there anything that can be done, short of :

1) finding them, and crushing them with my foot

2) spraying them with gasoline and tossing a match into the bush

That doesnt involve chemicals ?

Anything natural that would make them move to a bush say 30 feet away ? Heh.

I know this is wishful thinking, just wondering if you guys have ever had experience with anything to quieten these things.

Are they cicadas or crickets? We've got a buch of crickets here. My cat just played with one.

• The title was changed to Damn Noisy Cicadas! (Trying To Enjoy Quiet Evening On Porch