The Tube Channel 55

Disastro

Anybody watch this channel?

Man, Saturday, watching Battlestar Galactica was like listening to an old-time radio broadcast...

...a horrible video signal of ONLY the episode being aired (commercials looked great! LOL!!!). For a long stretch, the screen was completely white.

Terrible...just terrible...does anyone man the programming booth or does it run itself? Fortunately the episode of Star Trek that followed looked fine.

Disastro

joel osteen was an owner/founder of the tube. it was sold in the last year or so. guess things aren't going well with the new owners.

Seems like everything they show is from the Universal Studios catalog. Except Star Trek and Tales from the Darkside. All the late night horror films on Saturday are the old Universal Monsters Classics...

My wife told me about Osteen founding the station...

Saturday night it looked to me like the channel was on autopilot. :lol:

I don't watch it anymore since they took off "Leave it to Beaver"

Eddie Haskell: Not me! Your father doesn't like me.

Wally Cleaver: Why would you say that?

Eddie Haskell: On account of the way he looks at me when he opens the door. Sometimes I think he'd be happier to see Kruschev standing there.

Ward Cleaver: Ah, June, Gilbert's always talking about his parents. Have you ever met them?

June Cleaver: Oh, I see her at the supermarket every once in a while. She seems like a calm sensible person.

Ward Cleaver: You can't really go by that. You might look the same way to her.

[the boys have set a trap for Lumpy and are trying to lure him out of the house ]

Wally Cleaver: [shouting] Lumpy! Hey, Lumpy! C'mon out, Lumpy!

Fred Rutherford: Gwendoline, what's that?

Gwen Rutherford: Sounds like somebody calling.

Theodore "Beaver" Cleaver: [shouting] Lumpy, dumpy, the big fat hairy ape!

Fred Rutherford: Must be for Clarence.

Wally Cleaver: [shouting] Hey, Meathead! Meathead!

Gwen Rutherford: Might be for you, dear.

Larry Mondello: Beaver punched me in the stomach, right where I almost had my operation.

[Ward has arrived home from work and is reading the mail in the living room, unbeknownst to June and Wally who have just come down the stairs]

June Cleaver: Now Wally, I want you to go in the living room and pick up those orange peels that you left on the coffee table. If your father comes home and sees them he'll be in a terrible mood all through dinner.

Wally Cleaver: Yeah, I don't want him hollerin' at me again.

[June sees Ward in the living room]

June Cleaver: [sheepishly] Hello Dear. I was upstairs, I didn't know you were home.

Ward Cleaver: Oh yes, the monster has returned to his cave.

Eddie Haskell: Not me! Your father doesn't like me.

Wally Cleaver: Why would you say that?

Eddie Haskell: On account of the way he looks at me when he opens the door. Sometimes I think he'd be happier to see Kruschev standing there.

Ward Cleaver: Ah, June, Gilbert's always talking about his parents. Have you ever met them?

June Cleaver: Oh, I see her at the supermarket every once in a while. She seems like a calm sensible person.

Ward Cleaver: You can't really go by that. You might look the same way to her.

[the boys have set a trap for Lumpy and are trying to lure him out of the house ]

Wally Cleaver: [shouting] Lumpy! Hey, Lumpy! C'mon out, Lumpy!

Fred Rutherford: Gwendoline, what's that?

Gwen Rutherford: Sounds like somebody calling.

Theodore "Beaver" Cleaver: [shouting] Lumpy, dumpy, the big fat hairy ape!

Fred Rutherford: Must be for Clarence.

Wally Cleaver: [shouting] Hey, Meathead! Meathead!

Gwen Rutherford: Might be for you, dear.

Larry Mondello: Beaver punched me in the stomach, right where I almost had my operation.

[Ward has arrived home from work and is reading the mail in the living room, unbeknownst to June and Wally who have just come down the stairs]

June Cleaver: Now Wally, I want you to go in the living room and pick up those orange peels that you left on the coffee table. If your father comes home and sees them he'll be in a terrible mood all through dinner.

Wally Cleaver: Yeah, I don't want him hollerin' at me again.

[June sees Ward in the living room]

June Cleaver: [sheepishly] Hello Dear. I was upstairs, I didn't know you were home.

Ward Cleaver: Oh yes, the monster has returned to his cave.

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't be too hard on the beaver! :lol:

Anybody watch this channel?

Man, Saturday, watching Battlestar Galactica was like listening to an old-time radio broadcast...

...a horrible video signal of ONLY the episode being aired (commercials looked great! LOL!!!). For a long stretch, the screen was completely white.

Terrible...just terrible...does anyone man the programming booth or does it run itself? Fortunately the episode of Star Trek that followed looked fine.

Disastro

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I thought it was just the TV. I was visiting my mother's house and not only was Ch. 55 on the fritz, but at that same instant, the internet wasn't working either. (But you're right - those commercials were crystal clear. Imagine that.) Needless to say, my mother wasn't too thrilled at the slew of four letter words the spewed forth. LOL!

And I was really miffed because I really liked that BSG episode Ch. 55 was airing last night. Those Eastern Alliance guys are pretty cool and that destroyer they were tooling around in was pretty evil looking. I actually use a pic of Commadant Leiter as my avatar on another board. I got accused of being a facist so often, I figured I might as well look the part. LOL!

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I thought it was just the TV. I was visiting my mother's house and not only was Ch. 55 on the fritz, but at that same instant, the internet wasn't working either. (But you're right - those commercials were crystal clear. Imagine that.) Needless to say, my mother wasn't too thrilled at the slew of four letter words the spewed forth. LOL!

And I was really miffed because I really liked that BSG episode Ch. 55 was airing last night. Those Eastern Alliance guys are pretty cool and that destroyer they were tooling around in was pretty evil looking. I actually use a pic of Commadant Leiter as my avatar on another board. I got accused of being a facist so often, I figured I might as well look the part. LOL!

Heh! Yeah, that's supposed to be one of the best original BSG episodes. I've yet to see it in its entirety -- both parts. There's always some reason why I can't seem to catch the whole thing. My wife made a comment about the Eastern Alliance costumes and said something like "Are these people supposed to be like Nazi's?" LOL!!! I always liked their ship and the interior looked like it was supposed to be reminicient of a German U-Boat interior...cool stuff. Too bad they didn't get to do a lot with it before they cancelled the original series.

Anyway, yeah, Saturday's technical difficulties were frustrating. I told my wife I was thinking about going to Best Buy and buying CH 55 a set of BSG DVDs so they would have a decent broadcast print! LOL!!!

That's weird that your internet was acting up at the same time.

Funny how those commercials with Bob -- the man with the "problem" -- those came in loud and clear! LOL!!!

I loved this station when it first popped out. Would show some of the best almost forgotten classics of 50's and 60's television. Mt all time fav was "Green Acres". What a lovable cast of looney's!

Can't forget (our son) Arnold Ziffel.

cast.jpgcast_Arnold.jpg

joel osteen was an owner/founder of the tube. it was sold in the last year or so. guess things aren't going well with the new owners.

The Tube is, indeed, on "autopilot" right now. They are updating their equipment and moving into big new studios with big new aspirations for this market. Be patient. They have some great ideas that will be well received, once they get settled in.

This station is a fun oasis in a desert of TV wasteland.

Esattamente!

They have or had some of the best meteorologist's (weather anchors) around.

Toni Navarro was a very mild mannered and professional lady with class. There was a young guy and another lady anchor that were also equally as cool pleasant. No shouting was needed here. This was a really good group of people.

Ciao!

The Tube is, indeed, on "autopilot" right now. They are updating their equipment and moving into big new studios with big new aspirations for this market. Be patient. They have some great ideas that will be well received, once they get settled in.

You sound very much as if you are "in the know"...

Cool info! Thanks!

Archived