Fire Station No. 25 At 3902 Scott St.

JLWM8609

Anyone else remember this vintage fire truck? It was probably from the 30s or 40s. It was situated at Fire Station No. 25 on Scott near Wheeler in the early-mid 90s. I remember one Sunday me and my dad were walking to church at Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church, I was about 4 or 5 at the time. We parked on Rosewood and we were about to walk across Scott when the fire truck caught my eye. Some fire fighters were out there, so my dad took me over, and they showed me the truck, let me sit in it and ring the bell. That was SO cool. I remember hearing a few years later that the truck was being transferred to another station in another state, but I don't remember where. I can't find anything in The Chronicle archives about it, but maybe someone with a better memory can recollect it. I don't know if I should put this in historic Houston or not, seeing as it was fairly recent. Does this jog anyone's memory?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Fire Station No. 25 At 3902 Scott St.