Scary Stuff In FM 1960 Area

pineda

I understand about freeways allowing criminals easier ingress and egress, but I think these kids in Sugarland were just teenage punks, they probably live in the area. I think this is a lot of the crime you see in the suburbs, just kids with bad parents or whose parents didn't hug them enough when they were younger. They listen to rap music and think that "kicking B*tches" makes them cool. As for the swoop and squat (thank you Allstate) and the recent burglary's in the Woodlands, they seem to be a type of organized crime, which will always target wealthy areas not matter where you go. All you can do is be aware, and prepared...one would have to think that there will be a point when "people" stop running from crime and stand up and fight it.

I understand about freeways allowing criminals easier ingress and egress, but I think these kids in Sugarland were just teenage punks, they probably live in the area. I think this is a lot of the crime you see in the suburbs, just kids with bad parents or whose parents didn't hug them enough when they were younger. They listen to rap music and think that "kicking B*tches" makes them cool. As for the swoop and squat (thank you Allstate) and the recent burglary's in the Woodlands, they seem to be a type of organized crime, which will always target wealthy areas not matter where you go. All you can do is be aware, and prepared...one would have to think that there will be a point when "people" stop running from crime and stand up and fight it.

I agree Cnote. The most important thing for Woodlands residents to do is admit that there is crime, instead of pretending it can't touch them. The winding streets are not a factor for criminals looking for an opportunity. They can use them to their advantage too and probably will. Besides there are several ways out now, its not like there is only one way in and one way out.

Seems to me lately that the Woodlands and Sugarland are pretty much on par for incidents. Both pretty minimal for now.

• The title was changed to Scary Stuff In FM 1960 Area

Archived