Mod Apartments

BenH

I'm going to be looking for an apartment once I get to the point where I can afford to, and I want something mod. Ideally, I'd like to look at one of the units in the Vassar Place complex, or one of Harwood Taylor or Bill Jenkin's designs. I read somewhere that either Brooks & Brooks or George & Abel B. Pierce were very prolific at apartment design. Does anyone have any ideas?

pic_full_walabama_court_1_.JPG

I loved my younger years (in the early 1970's) at the 1920 W. Alabama Apartments.. The were so ultra-modern.. I'm not sure of the condition now but the architecture is still wonderful. The living room wall was all glass onto the front patio.. the back patio was totally enclosed and accessible from the master bedroom..And the vintage Lightolier round globe light fixtures were everywhere. Even back then I appreciated the attention to detail. I was so bummed when the rent went up to $185...lol. If it is in poor condition, it would be a fantastic candidate for restoration....

The apts at 1920 W. Alabama have recently been renovated. They still look great on the outside (from what I can see from the street), but I don't believe they were kept mod on the inside. I spoke to the office several months ago to ask them. I'm just glad they haven't been demolished.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/TX-Ho...Apartments.html

Edited by nativehou

• 2 weeks later...