DMac

Have been searching thru Google images & several forums w/in HAIF w/out much success. In the past the good folkes of the Historic Houston Forum have always come through w/some really good photos of old historical Houston prior to tear down or total abandonment. So as time permits would someone be able to provide some photos or perhaps a link to go & view?

• Like 1

If you haven't tried it yet, you might check out the John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center site - it has a lot of good historic photos and postcards of local healthcare facilities. The U.T. Center for American History has some good photos as well, including some older shots of Memorial Hospital.

hous_33.jpg

hous_12.jpg

Edited by tmariar
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Hermann Hospital History
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm 99% sure, yes that was a chapel.  I couldn't really tell until you blew up the photo in the last picture.   In 1987 my brother was in a motorcycle accident and was life flighted to Herman.  He remained there for about a month in a coma before dying.  That building attached to the chapel was the Emergency Room/Trauma Center, etc. at the time.  It was touch and go for him the first few weeks in the ER.  At one point about 2 in the morning the doctors told us he had only hours to live.  As a courtesy to the family (us), they opened up the chapel so we could pray for him.  This was October 1987.  Seeing this picture brings back a very sad time for me but it's all good, because I still love old vintage photos of Houston.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...