Locally Produced Kids Afternoon Show On Fox?

JLWM8609

I remember when I was young, I used to watch the cartoons come on Fox 26 in the afternoon on weekdays as part of this little afternoon show they had. This is probably from around the 1990-1992 timeframe. I forgot the name of the lady, I think it might have been "Karen" something, but she was the host of the show, which was really nothing but a long commercial in between shows. I think it would last until around 5 or 5:30 when the last kid's show for the day would be Tiny Toons, then it would go into "A Current Affair", and I remember as a little boy, actually watching an entire hour of "A Current Affair" one thursday because I knew "The Simpsons" (pre-syndication days) would come on at 7pm, lol. So, anyone have some memories of this afternoon kiddie show as well?

Oh, that clip brought back some good memories. I think this was late in the show's life, because Animaniacs moved to WB39 shortly after this, and either a new bank of cartoons came along, or she was phased out for the plethora of afternoon court shows/talk shows we see today. I was 6 when the clip aired.

I was very much into the Fox Kids' Club. I got the official membership card and T-shirt iron-on, and Karen read my name on my birthday in 1991. Karen was replaced by Tammy Lynn in '94 (I think). Tammy always wore black vests and strange hats. I'm pretty sure the segments were gone by 1997.

Archived