• HoustonPress.com
    • B4-u-Eat
    • Chron.com
    • IHateHouston.blogspot.com
    • HCAD
    • City of Houston
    • BlogHouston.net
    • Other (tell us why)

I kind of agree ... if it is not here, it is really not worth mentioning.

I also agree... HAIF is the best. When I login, I click "View New Posts" which gives you the postings (across all topic folders)from the last 24 hours. So it's like getting the Houston Daily News, but the reporters are US!

But I bet they are still charging the same advertising rates.
Of course they are. Advertising rates are determined by the number of viewers, not how much is spent on production. The reason there are so many game shows and reality shows on TV these days isn't just because they're much cheaper to make than dramas or sit-coms -- it's because people keep watching them. When people get tired of them then other types of shows will be made.
I also agree... HAIF is the best. When I login, I click "View New Posts" which gives you the postings (across all topic folders)from the last 24 hours. So it's like getting the Houston Daily News, but the reporters are US!
If you want to take the "citizen journalism" thing one step further, you can add news stories you like to http://houston.newskipper.com

Of course they are. Advertising rates are determined by the number of viewers, not how much is spent on production. The reason there are so many game shows and reality shows on TV these days isn't just because they're much cheaper to make than dramas or sit-coms -- it's because people keep watching them. When people get tired of them then other types of shows will be made.If you want to take the "citizen journalism" thing one step further, you can add news stories you like to http://houston.newskipper.com

Nice concept but it ain't too friendly on the eyes is it?