Today marked my third visit to Grand Lux and again I'm not impressed with the food. Even though they are in the same family as Cheesecake Factory I've noticed that the quality of food is no where close. I would of prefered a Whataburger to my 10 dollar "Chop House Burger" that they served me today. The fresh baked dozen cookies were good, not worth 7 bucks though.

I had my birthday there 2 years ago ... I was similarly unimpressed, but didn't make a stink of the food as it was my first time there, I was not paying, and someone else suggested we eat there and arranged all the details for the dinner party.

Nevertheless, I have not been back, but I have been back to TCF several times since.

I'll defend their Spicy Flatbread Chicken Sandwich. Quite tasty, esp. with mashed sweet potatoes instead of fries. And the chocolate chip cookies are amazing. Going there for lunch today, as a matter of fact...

Others I've been with seem happy. I think Forbes had an article once on their sophisticated kitchen setup - "like Toyota manufacturing" - that allowed them to have such an extensive menu and maintain ingredient inventories and quality.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll defend their Spicy Flatbread Chicken Sandwich. Quite tasty, esp. with mashed sweet potatoes instead of fries. And the chocolate chip cookies are amazing. Going there for lunch today, as a matter of fact...

Others I've been with seem happy. I think Forbes had an article once on their sophisticated kitchen setup - "like Toyota manufacturing" - that allowed them to have such an extensive menu and maintain ingredient inventories and quality.

America's in Union Station, DC had a great flatbread sandwich. Damn, I really miss DC!

america-restaurant-dc-1a.jpg

It just looks expensive.

Edited by houstonmacbro