Banner Day For Aggies!

ProHouston

As a Longhorn fan, I must say A&M just came out and made plays today. So did Texas, for the most part, but A&M just made more of them and never let up.

At least it's a real rivalry again.

Our young team will be one year older next year though, so I say, watch out.

Enjoy

As a Longhorn fan, I must say A&M just came out and made plays today. So did Texas, for the most part, but A&M just made more of them and never let up.

At least it's a real rivalry again.

Our young team will be one year older next year though, so I say, watch out.

Enjoy

It won't matter if Akina is still the DC and Davis is still the OC. I mean, we have wanted Davis gone for quite a while now but Akina takes the cake. He has to go NOW!

It won't matter if Akina is still the DC and Davis is still the OC. I mean, we have wanted Davis gone for quite a while now but Akina takes the cake. He has to go NOW!

Has Mack ever fired someone from his staff? He just seems too loyal to do such a thing.

1 huge 38-30 Aggie football win over the Longhorns... done.

1 huge win Aggie basketball NIT Tip-Off championship win... done.

1 lame duck, underperforming coach stepping down... done.

What a great day for Aggie sports!!!!

I was lucky enough to get to go. My first ever TAMU/UT game and it was awesome. Heck of a game, but if I'm a Horn fan, I'm pretty steamed about all the dropped passes and missed tackles (of course the Aggies had trouble wrapping 'em up at times, too).

Yep, Aggy is on a roll.

Here's to five more years of nothing special: Sherman officially hired as A&M head coach

You don't think Sherman will do a good job? At least he has college coaching experience so he knows how kids work and are different from professionals. Major plus that he was with tamu.

Plus, since he's an offensive minded guy, I bet they'll do much better. Mike Goodson will be a star next year.

I think Sherman will do fine.

But can the Aggys can keep their expectations realistic? That's the big question that will determine Sherman's fate.

The cheatin' 80s are long gone.

We expect to always be on par with Texas and OU.

We expect to never fall out of the top 25.

We expect to be in the BIG XII race every year. I don't think any of those expectations are too high.

Aggies vs OU alltime 10-15

Aggies vs texas alltime 36-73

Record vs texas since 1970 --- 18-20

Slocum was 7-7 vs Texas and 5-4 vs OU.

Aggies didnt field much a team 40s - early 70s. True, I can't defend our alltime record. But it wasn't really till the 60's that A&M started desegrgating, allowing women, making the corps optional, it wasn't really a major university until the late 70s. It didnt even surpass 10k enrollment till around 1970. While I can't defend their all-time record, i can say, that since Texas A&M has grown into a major university, both series have been much much more even.

When I started at A&M in 96, we were in the middle of a 4 game winning streak against OU.. and we dominated them 149-37 in those 4 games.

Our facilities are just as good, we have access to the same recruits, there is no reason we shouldn't be on par with both of the teams.... again.

very well said highway6. im 16 and i think the highlight of my life so far is being on the field in the front row and having A&M beat UT at home for the first time since the bonfire tragedy in '99. it was truly amazing. didnt sherman also coach the packers for 5 years and sent them to the superbowl too?

very well said highway6. im 16 and i think the highlight of my life so far is being on the field in the front row and having A&M beat UT at home for the first time since the bonfire tragedy in '99. it was truly amazing. didnt sherman also coach the packers for 5 years and sent them to the superbowl too?

No, Sherman didn't coach the Packers to the Super Bowl, actually he had a poor (2-4 I think) record in the playoffs. Let's hope that he can do much better at the college game. One thing is for sure, he's definitely and Aggie-type coach. He loves Aggieland and all that it stands for. Fran never quite got it.

No, Sherman didn't coach the Packers to the Super Bowl, actually he had a poor (2-4 I think) record in the playoffs. Let's hope that he can do much better at the college game. One thing is for sure, he's definitely and Aggie-type coach. He loves Aggieland and all that it stands for. Fran never quite got it.

Yeah, he sucked it up in the playoffs.. but hey, only one team can win the superbowl each year.

But otherwise, He was considered a pretty successful coach there.

From 2000-2005 he was 57-39 with a 2-4 playoff record.

In 2005 they sucked, had lots of injuries, only went 4-12, and he was fired after that season.

But prior to that, between 2001-2004, Sherman led the Packers to three consecutive NFC North Division titles, GB was one of only 2 NFL teams to consecutively make the playoffs all 4 years and Sherman had the 2nd highest winning percentage in GreenBay history, after Lombardi.

So hey.. I think he did 'OK'

Archived