Tilson Homes Sales Center Near Griggs & Wayside Dr.

Guest danax

8axss5w.jpg

I noticed they're almost finished building the model home for a sales center on Griggs between Telephone and Wayside. Tilson apparently only builds on your lot so I'm baffled as to why they're building one here. The other location I know of on 45 is very high visibility. Land is probably cheap and maybe they figure it's a good short term investment to sit on it but the place seems like a very inconspicous location to sell homes, and an "ultra ghetto" nabe, as my son described it. There's a tired trailer park next door and the surroundings feature, graffiti, broken bottles etc.

This part of the inner loop is still cheap enough for new single family home construction on normal sized lots but I've seen little of it outside of a couple of small builders. Any ideas?

not sure if that's a sales center. tilson puts signs similar to that whenever they build a home. there's one in my parents hood very similar.

There it is. The obvious never occured to me. :rolleyes:

Sounds like your referring to the old Brookline area. New home construction started in that area about 8 years ago. If you dig deep you can find a few very old craftsman cottages.

The real drawback (as you discovered) is the very near slum apts that line the whole side or rather all the trashy apts directly behind Seller's Grocery. If you can believe around 1974-76 these apts were new and well managed. Only singles and couples were allowed to move in. Fast forward to now. Urban decline at its best/worse however you look at it. Take a cruise by the car wash/restuarant area of nearby Telephone Rd. Everything is out in the open and brazen as can be (daytime, imagine at night). Not a very wholesome sight I assure you.

Yep, I wonder what heck of a saleperson could sell those new homes. Certainly would deserve a serious medal. This area still has ditches too. That alone would drive me away. Then there's infamous Telephone Rd. Oy vey! :P

• The title was changed to Tilson Homes Sales Center Near Griggs & Wayside Dr.

Archived