Where Are The Police?

musicman

Ted obtains GPS data from HPD vehicles and takes several snapshots of data where vehicles are during certain times of the day. check it out to see if your neighborhood is being patrolled. he did mention that sometimes there are less than 200 vehicles patrolling the entire city.

Here's the data.

i am not going to even begin claiming i know how HPD works, i know some cops are assigned to just traffic enforcement, but yesterday was a classic example of why i get so irritated with HPD.

go to eat at lankford's for lunch yesterday in midtown/ 4th ward area. as we're finishing up eating, some bum comes up and starts harrassing everyone eating outside, screaming, begging, and basically harrassing anyone in the area. finally the manager came out and threatened him, but the guy came back a couple of more times.

as we leave and head down w. gray, we see one cop car stationed hidden off of gray with the radar gun out for speeders, and then we see a second one on foot closer to bagby with the radar gun. then a third one closer to travis kind of doing the same. apparently the speeding in midtown causes so much concern there are three cops out there at once in a 3 block radius, whereas the bums that love to violate the ordinances are apparently ok. yes, i realize the owners can always call the cops, but basically if it doesn't create revenue, HPD doesn't really care.

as we leave and head down w. gray, we see one cop car stationed hidden off of gray with the radar gun out for speeders, and then we see a second one on foot closer to bagby with the radar gun. then a third one closer to travis kind of doing the same. apparently the speeding in midtown causes so much concern there are three cops out there at once in a 3 block radius
from yesterday's 13 undercover report, quite a few of our officers can't pass the physical agility requirements, guess all they can do is stand up or they'll be winded. :mellow:

as we leave and head down w. gray, we see one cop car stationed hidden off of gray with the radar gun out for speeders, and then we see a second one on foot closer to bagby with the radar gun. then a third one closer to travis kind of doing the same. apparently the speeding in midtown causes so much concern there are three cops out there at once in a 3 block radius, whereas the bums that love to violate the ordinances are apparently ok. yes, i realize the owners can always call the cops, but basically if it doesn't create revenue, HPD doesn't really care.

Once we found an HPD cop asleep (least I hope so). It was late at night and as we dropped off a friend at home we turned the corner of a business and the car was parked and his head was tilted back with his mouth wide open. He must have been exausted. No camcorders or cell phones cameras in them days. Shucks! :angry2:

from yesterday's 13 undercover report, quite a few of our officers can't pass the physical agility requirements, guess all they can do is stand up or they'll be winded. :mellow:

Did you see it, musicman? I saw the promo and was tempted to tune in just so I could witness ole' sweaty Wayne in the vicinity of a gym, but got distracted and missed it. Was the shocking discvovery that cops are fatties, or that they're in the gym while on the clock?

Did you see it, musicman? I saw the promo and was tempted to tune in just so I could witness ole' sweaty Wayne in the vicinity of a gym, but got distracted and missed it. Was the shocking discvovery that cops are fatties, or that they're in the gym while on the clock?

no one has sweated at the police gym in a long time but citizens are paying for it. looks like the COH is allowing officers to stay on the force who can't pass the physical agility test as well. at least the chief had guts to go on camera.

i am not going to even begin claiming i know how HPD works, but basically if it doesn't create revenue, HPD doesn't really care.
This is what you really meant to say. I just took out all the filler.
no one has sweated at the police gym in a long time but citizens are paying for it. looks like the COH is allowing officers to stay on the force who can't pass the physical agility test as well. at least the chief had guts to go on camera.
It's all in those contracts.

Archived