Looking For Upscale Location To Open Mi-Lunas

thesaint9

Looking to open Mi Lunas Spanish tapas restaurant in an upscale location around Texas or any other cities. Exclude Woodlands, Rice Village n Sugar Land. Anywhere in Texas n houston where there could be a new town center concept build or any great locations for Mi Lunas type restaurant. I have already checked Vintage Park n am not too sure about that area to build that kind of population yet. So if anyone can help me i will appreciate it. Thank You.

The Grand in West Houston. This area is booming with master-planned communities such as Cinco Ranch, Williamsburg, Bridgewater, and the Grand Lakes. The Grand is located at the intersection of the Grand Parkway and I-10. You could build it around the new JC Penney, la Madeleine is already opened and is doing very well. Just think about being in the most affluent side of Houston.

post-2299-1194902459.jpg

Looking to open Mi Lunas Spanish tapas restaurant in an upscale location around Texas or any other cities. Exclude Woodlands, Rice Village n Sugar Land. Anywhere in Texas n houston where there could be a new town center concept build or any great locations for Mi Lunas type restaurant. I have already checked Vintage Park n am not too sure about that area to build that kind of population yet. So if anyone can help me i will appreciate it. Thank You.

How about "The Rim" (1604 @ I-10) or "The Quarry Market" (281 @ Basse) in San Antonio?

Uptown Park could more than support a Mi-Luna. As for a more Residential area, the town square area in Sugar Land is probably a winner. I don't see Katy locations really doing much considering the bulk of the population out there, if they go out, go to places like Chili's. It could be argued that there isn't really an upscale option out there for any market to take advantage of. But I'd still go for Uptown Park or Sugar Land town square before I'd go anywhere near Katy.

I've never built out a restaurant before. That could be fun.

Another really unique/high scale place would be La Centerra in Katy. It is lacking resturants so this might be the push they need, other than that the enitre complex is doing well.

http://www.lacenterra.com/

Uptown Park could more than support a Mi-Luna. As for a more Residential area, the town square area in Sugar Land is probably a winner. I don't see Katy locations really doing much considering the bulk of the population out there, if they go out, go to places like Chili's. It could be argued that there isn't really an upscale option out there for any market to take advantage of. But I'd still go for Uptown Park or Sugar Land town square before I'd go anywhere near Katy

What an strange comment by you.

People in the Katy area only go out to eat at chili's, huh!

Are you remotely aware of the quality development and residenial development that is growing on the west side of town?

I just wonder where this sentimate is coming from. What does the "bulk of the population out there" mean?

To answer the original poster's question. I would agree with the poster who mentoned the area around LaCenterra on the Grand Parkway anywhere, or within a five mile radius to neighborhoods such as cinco ranch, seven meadows, grand lakes, kelliwood, etc. You know finacially thinking where the people with some disposible income are living. In my mind the closer to I-10 you get as well the more potential for a bigger lunch crowd, considering the amount of office space and retail space existing and planned for the next several years.

Uptown Park has become a parking nightmare most evenings with so many eating & drinking establishments. You have Chammps, Tasting Room, Cafe Express, Andres, McCormicks, Starbucks, Potbelly, plus others I'm sure I'm missing. They really should have done a parking garage in the middle when this center was designed.

To answer the original poster's question. I would agree with the poster who mentoned the area around LaCenterra on the Grand Parkway anywhere, or within a five mile radius to neighborhoods such as cinco ranch, seven meadows, grand lakes, kelliwood, etc. You know finacially thinking where the people with some disposible income are living. In my mind the closer to I-10 you get as well the more potential for a bigger lunch crowd, considering the amount of office space and retail space existing and planned for the next several years.

I've heard quite a few people in the cinco ranch area complain about the lack of amenities in the area when it comes to grocery stores and a lack of choices to eat. It will take time to fill out this area just like it took FOREVER for the same thing to come to the 249/1960 area and the woodlands. That's the bad thing about moving to a new development.

Uptown Park has become a parking nightmare most evenings with so many eating & drinking establishments. You have Chammps, Tasting Room, Cafe Express, Andres, McCormicks, Starbucks, Potbelly, plus others I'm sure I'm missing. They really should have done a parking garage in the middle when this center was designed.

You forgot The Belvedere (sp), Cigar Vault, the sushi joint, and a couple of other places.

Quite a few people do take Taxis (Taxi's?) to that area. a small number of people that hit the place from the Grand Ducha' (I think that's the name) simply walk over along with the people that live in the nearby towers.

Tell you what, this is going to be one of many areas of town that would greatly greatly from Uptown line. Uptown park is busy almost as soon as it opens!

Getting back on topic:

I don't think limiting the distance between the one in the village in downtown isn't that much of an issue. The people that stay in downtown (hotel guests) rarely have the ability to leave the area, and I think this would be a terrific addition.

Another really unique/high scale place would be La Centerra in Katy. It is lacking resturants so this might be the push they need, other than that the enitre complex is doing well.

http://www.lacenterra.com/

I would also recommend La Centerra. It is the new upscale town square type shopping center at the Grand Parkway and Cinco Ranch Boulevard. I believe Perry's is also planning to open a restaurant there.

Another option would be the Villagio on Westheimer a little east of the Grand Parkway.

Both are new upscale shopping/restaurant environments near neighborhoods w/average and median household incomes greater than 100K.

City Centre in the new Town and Country? ( I-10 and The Beltway) It will service Memorial Villages and West Memorial, as well as the medical area already there and the offices that are coming. Income ranks from middle to upper-middle income to crazy wealth.From what I understand its going to be extremely nice. However, I haven't seen Tapas places last long in HOuston, dispite how fun they are. The service at those places can make or break it.

• The title was changed to Looking For Upscale Location To Open Mi-Lunas

Archived