Best Whole Roast Turkey For Thanksgiving

The last couple of years, we've ordered roast turkeys from Krogers for Thanksgiving. They're good, but I was wondering if there's someplace that makes a better bird. I figured if anyone knows, this is the place to ask.

So where can I get a really delicious roast turkey?

The last couple of years, we've ordered roast turkeys from Krogers for Thanksgiving. They're good, but I was wondering if there's someplace that makes a better bird. I figured if anyone knows, this is the place to ask.

So where can I get a really delicious roast turkey?

Um make it yourself? Seriously. The best one I have had was a recipe by "Barefoot Contessa" from foodnetwork.com. A 12 lb turkey that took two hours in the oven, and cooked the rest of the time on counter wrapped in foil.

Oh, and Goode Company smokes up a mean one if you need it for the road. Take the Brazos Bottom Pecan pie with you too.

Um make it yourself? Seriously. The best one I have had was a recipe by "Barefoot Contessa" from foodnetwork.com. A 12 lb turkey that took two hours in the oven, and cooked the rest of the time on counter wrapped in foil.

Oh, and Goode Company smokes up a mean one if you need it for the road. Take the Brazos Bottom Pecan pie with you too.

Thanks, but we won't cook it ourselves (complicated oven issues and general laziness), and we don't like them smoked or fried. We need roasted.

Thanks, but we won't cook it ourselves (complicated oven issues and general laziness), and we don't like them smoked or fried. We need roasted.

In today's chron

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/food/5269509.html

I have friends that have done Super Suppers and its darn good. http://www.sshoustonmemorialtx.com/

I think Boston Market does it too. They have to Rotisseries and all. Too bad Eatzi's is gone, they did a mean turkey.

Edited by KatieDidIt

I used to ALWAYS get my turkey from the Dinner Bell cafeteria in the eastend at the corner of Lawndale and Wayside until I found out how easy it was to bake it myself. Now I'll be up at 5 putting on the bird :D

Edited by EastEnd Susan

I used to ALWAYS get my turkey from the Dinner Bell cafeteria in the eastend at the corner of Lawndale and Wayside until I found out how easy it was to bake it myself. Now I'll be up at 5 putting on the bird :D

Save the drumstick for me! Getting hungry, where's the Slimfast?! :o