Development On Gaston Rd.

Craig

I see that they've extended Gaston Road out past the Kids R Kids and the Elementary School on Cinco Ranch Blvd. Does anyone know what is being put up out there?

I've noticed a man made pond/lake that is going in, but haven't noticed any house lots being made ready. Looking on the CincoRanch.com site, it doesn't show up as an area that is part of Cinco Ranch.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Does anybody know the story on the huge ranchland that is beyond that. I drive by it all the time and wonder who he will one day sell to? Talk about having the town grow up around you....

I did a little research on fbcad.org and the owners of that property (King family) also owned the land that Centex homes purchased. If they sold off part of that land to Centex, I would imagine it won't be long before they sell off the rest to another developer.

I did a little research on fbcad.org and the owners of that property (King family) also owned the land that Centex homes purchased. If they sold off part of that land to Centex, I would imagine it won't be long before they sell off the rest to another developer.

I E-mailed Centex and they said that they do not have a set date for when they will start to pre-sell, I imagine that the homes that they are going to put up are there "Signature Series", like the nicer homes that they have next up to the mall.

I don't think that much of their signature series. Looking at the website, all of the single story elevations look nearly the same and the same with the two-story elevations. And the price per s.f. of the homes in Grand Harbor are much lower than the homes surrounding this future Centex development. Grand Harbor has 3500 s.f homes for under 200K. By comparison, the Cinco neighborhoods right next to this future subdivision are just below and over $100/s.f.

• 2 months later...

The subdivision might be Grand Enclave - homes from 129K to 166K (a 2600 s.f. house at 166K). Another cheap Centex neighborhood. I was hoping that they would venture into some higher priced homes with this subdivision, considering the neighborhoods that surround it.

http://centexhomes.com/Houston/N46748.asp

My bad - i looked a little closer at the website - looks like this is going to be just north of Kingsland on the west side of 99

Edited by cla

• 6 months later...
King Lakes - a nod to the King family who sold them the property :-)

Hi, I'm new to this site and wanted to know if anyone that commented on the new devlp that the King Family sold to Centex Homes has actually visited there. I drove by not too long ago and it seems like a nicer community than their others. What has anyone found out? :rolleyes:

Hi, I'm new to this site and wanted to know if anyone that commented on the new devlp that the King Family sold to Centex Homes has actually visited there. I drove by not too long ago and it seems like a nicer community than their others. What has anyone found out? :rolleyes:

I have driven past here numerous times, and I can honestly say it's not bad at all. The homes aren't below 165,000 and they can run up to nearly 300,000. The lake is nice too.

• The title was changed to Development On Gaston Rd.