Secret Society Recruiting

rapturematt

Not-so-secret society.

Charlie and his girls put a big black eye on the peaceful hippie image. Older folks were really frightened of long-haired people after this event in 69. The girls would point at the camera/media and shout "You better hide your children! Shocking to see on national TV in them days. Free Charlie! was on front pages on papers, etc.

The general public does have certain perceptions of cults, group, clubs. Guess we can never change that. :mellow:

mansonfollowers.jpg

orange-Manson_girls_bald.jpg

Would this apply to things such as 'fixing' traffic tickets?

The Masons pride themselves on living ethical lives, so I imagine they wouldn't condone behavior such as "fixing" traffic tickets. Obviously a group's code and the behavior of individual members might be at odds, so it possible that individual Masons could do thing such as fixing traffic tickets for fellow Masons. But when I said the Masons believe in helping each other out, I meant introducing them to potential employers, recommending realtors, banks, and other community services. Many people who belong to fraternal organizations call upon members especially when moving to a new community.

There's a ton of information on YouTube. It's fascinating stuff. I looked at some stuff today, and it answered my question earlier, for the most part. It seems very enigmatic and possibly deceptive. There are two ways that Masonry has been presented. One way shows it to be evil, and the other shows it to be good. Others show that it is good at the lowest levels, but evil at the highest levels. I really don't know what to think, but I know that the Bible says to beware of false prophets.

Here's an easy cheat-sheet for living in the instant media age.

Believe 75% of what you read in the paper.

Believe 50% of what you see on TV.

Believe 25% of what you read on the internet.

Believe 10% of what you see on YouTube.

Believe nothing from any political party.

The Masons pride themselves on living ethical lives, so I imagine they wouldn't condone behavior such as "fixing" traffic tickets. Obviously a group's code and the behavior of individual members might be at odds, so it possible that individual Masons could do thing such as fixing traffic tickets for fellow Masons. But when I said the Masons believe in helping each other out, I meant introducing them to potential employers, recommending realtors, banks, and other community services. Many people who belong to fraternal organizations call upon members especially when moving to a new community.

Someone once told me that the Masons use the phrase "I believe I was traveling East" or something like that to get out of traffic stops. I don't know if that's true, probably just a tale.

Archived