Mile By Mile

I found a website called "milebymile.com." Look at it sometime. It shows photos of the whole length of interstate highways. I liked the photos of the 137-mile stretch of IH-37 from Corpus Christi to San Antonio. It shows interstate photos from all states. Looking at them makes you want to travel. But the current high gasoline prices throw a wrench into that notion.

I also heard on the news that one reason why oil prices are going up is because of Bushiepoo's talk about attacking Iran.

ehh, more like tensions with Turkey and the reducing strength of the US dollar against the euro, and a recent 3 week low against the yen. actually, OPEC has recently annouced they may increase production to keep oil prices as is, or lower. also, oil prices have risen because of the booming economies of China and India. getting back on topic, if oil prices are a concern (and they will hit $4 plus next spring/summer) then dump the SUV/less fuel effecient car (easier said then done, i took a small hit on that one but now drive a nice little mazda3), although they are attractive because the prices of these vehicles has been slashed dramitically because Ford/Chevy/Dodge, etc are trying to make room for new SAV's and/or more so called "fuel effecient cars/trucks"; and yes, spring/summer is a great time for a country drive (or bike/walk/horse) if prices are too high :P

ehh, more like tensions with Turkey and the reducing strength of the US dollar against the euro, and a recent 3 week low against the yen. actually, OPEC has recently annouced they may increase production to keep oil prices as is, or lower. also, oil prices have risen because of the booming economies of China and India. getting back on topic, if oil prices are a concern (and they will hit $4 plus next spring/summer) then dump the SUV/less fuel effecient car (easier said then done, i took a small hit on that one but now drive a nice little mazda3), although they are attractive because the prices of these vehicles has been slashed dramitically because Ford/Chevy/Dodge, etc are trying to make room for new SAV's and/or more so called "fuel effecient cars/trucks"; and yes, spring/summer is a great time for a country drive (or bike/walk/horse) if prices are too high :P

On page B9 in today's Houston Chronicle is a cartoon of Cheney hammering an Iran war drum, raising gas prices, and Bush is cheering him on.

And when it does hit $100 a barrel, people will be screaming for a pay raise or threaten to go on strike. Instead, why don't they make a few cuts? Why not stop going out to eat? Eat at home. Why not stop going out to the movies? Wait until that movie comes out at Blockbuster. Why not go to Wal-Mart/Target instead of Macy's/Neiman Marcus?

I just realized, Neiman Marcus stores are in Dallas. But are there any of them in Houston?

Edited by northbeaumont