Southern Trails Community In Pearland

Timnwendy

I just traded some email with Joanne at PCMI about the parking problem on Southern Trails drive in front of the rec center. She says they can't do anything about it (other than send letters like they did). Putting up a 'no parking' sign would be the responsibility of the city. So I researched that, and found this link where you can lodge traffic complaints with the Pearland Police dept. If enough of us take the time to do this, we might see some action. You can also call Lt. Caballero at the police dept (he has voice mail).

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would they plant trees along FM 518 knowing that the city intended to expand the width of 518 and that the trees would eventually need to be relocated? Poor planning and spend of HOA dues in my opinion.

518 will run pretty close to the ST fence. They started working on it this week.

I guess we will have a future light on the corner of 518 & ST entrance. It will start looking more like the Broadway/518 we all learned to hate East of 288 :(

Just hope they start expanding 2234 soon.

Hi guys, I just seen this forum and I thought it will be helpful for people looking for a house in Pearland.

After searching for over two months for a home, from Pearland Parkway to Sugar Land, I finally signed with NewMark at Enclave at Southern Trails in February this year. I really like the Enclave at Southern Trails because it is separated from the main Southern Trails and from Shadow Creek and landscaped beautifully. Also I found NewMark is more value for money comparing to Ashton Wood and Imperial. All builders are good, but the basic package itself from NewMark is coming free with a lot of upgrades that other builders charges. Also their design centre is superb and very cheap. My house is almost finished and the guys in the office are very co-operative and ready to do whatever I feel needed. The house is indeed looks beautiful. Now I can't wait my closing and intend to move as soon as the closing is over. Guys I really saved atleast 50-60 thousand dollars for a house with 3550 sq. ft with detached garrage and 5 bedrooms/ gameroom/ 3 1/2 bath with large livingroom comparing to Shadow creek, sugarland, stafford or missouri city.

If you see the upgrades they give you, I think you will be more interested there. Now they are selling their newly allotted lots near the new lake and the sales person told me that in th 22 lots they already had booking for 15 lots.. Good for ST.. A nice community to live.. I hope..

Hi guys, I just seen this forum and I thought it will be helpful for people looking for a house in Pearland.

After searching for over two months for a home, from Pearland Parkway to Sugar Land, I finally signed with NewMark at Enclave at Southern Trails in February this year. I really like the Enclave at Southern Trails because it is separated from the main Southern Trails and from Shadow Creek and landscaped beautifully. Also I found NewMark is more value for money comparing to Ashton Wood and Imperial. All builders are good, but the basic package itself from NewMark is coming free with a lot of upgrades that other builders charges. Also their design centre is superb and very cheap. My house is almost finished and the guys in the office are very co-operative and ready to do whatever I feel needed. The house is indeed looks beautiful. Now I can't wait my closing and intend to move as soon as the closing is over. Guys I really saved atleast 50-60 thousand dollars for a house with 3550 sq. ft with detached garrage and 5 bedrooms/ gameroom/ 3 1/2 bath with large livingroom comparing to Shadow creek, sugarland, stafford or missouri city.

If you see the upgrades they give you, I think you will be more interested there. Now they are selling their newly allotted lots near the new lake and the sales person told me that in th 22 lots they already had booking for 15 lots.. Good for ST.. A nice community to live.. I hope..

any concerns about having $120k homes right around the corner from you?

:lol: This sounds way too much like an ad. Considering this is your 1st post...i'm guessing you work for Newmark.

:lol: This sounds way too much like an ad. Considering this is your 1st post...i'm guessing you work for Newmark.

:angry2: Don't talk utter nonsense. I am not working for NewMark.

I bought a home from NewMark and I thought I write what I experienced. This is what I feel and writed on this forum (which I find when I search ST, unfortunately).

Now I feel bad because may I get neighbours like "dizzyedge" means, verybad... :angry2:

Also I won't be here anymore... That's it...

I bought a home from NewMark and I thought I write what I experienced. This is what I feel and writed on this forum (which I find when I search ST, unfortunately).

Now I feel bad because may I get neighbours like "dizzyedge" means, verybad... :angry2:

No need to get all angry.

TrailRidger, I don't think dizzyedge meant it the way it came out. I've traded private emails with him for awhile, just like I have with you too, and I think he's a good guy. As a matter of fact, I know he doesn't have anything against Newmark, because he just bought a Newmark home. ^_^ LOL

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody knows what is going on just north of the Enclave at Southern Trails (Northwest corner of 518 & 48). They have cleared quite a big piece of land there. Some should be part of 518 expansion to 521 but seems to be more to it.

I was told by Newmark that it is comercial property. Maybe we'll get a corner store. I feel bad for the Signature houses that will have that backyard view.

I was told by Newmark that it is comercial property. Maybe we'll get a corner store. I feel bad for the Signature houses that will have that backyard view.

I wonder if they knew what was coming to their backyard. There is an even larger track accros as seen on this MAP, I guess more commercial property along 518.

Commercial? I would think that they will open up 518 to 521 before putting up anything. By the way what do you need that is not available 1 mile out on 518? Is that going to be like strip shops or what?

Commercial? I would think that they will open up 518 to 521 before putting up anything. By the way what do you need that is not available 1 mile out on 518? Is that going to be like strip shops or what?

The plot of land matchison is talking about is indeed zoned to commercial. It shows up as commercial on a ST site map that they have at some of the model homes.

I don't think anyone "needs" anything else out there. Anymore retail would be a problem. If they do decide to make a gas station, I hope they make it look good from an architectural perspective.

• 4 weeks later...

Ashton Woods recently raised the start-up contract prices of all their home plans at ST. The increases don't seem to be a set percentage; they seem to vary between 5K-20K per plan.

I'm not sure if the other builders in ST have also raised prices, but it seems likely.

Were they selling many homes at the previous prices? With the housing market suffering, I'm surprised Ashton Woods would do this. I heard just a while ago that they were offering deep discounts on upgrades on their inventory homes.

Ashton Woods recently raised the start-up contract prices of all their home plans at ST. The increases don't seem to be a set percentage; they seem to vary between 5K-20K per plan.

I'm not sure if the other builders in ST have also raised prices, but it seems likely.

Were they selling many homes at the previous prices? With the housing market suffering, I'm surprised Ashton Woods would do this. I heard just a while ago that they were offering deep discounts on upgrades on their inventory homes.

Yes, since about January of this year, AW's sales in ST have been increasing steadily. My section at Sage Meadows is almost full now, and they have moved on to advertising the new 60' section, Sundown Glen. The 70' section has lagged behind in sales, but is still moving ahead.

It is also true that AW is still discounting their existing inventory homes. One of my new neighbors just closed on one, and he shared this fact with me. Of course, this will vary by home, YMMV.

Pearland is one of the few places where house values' still going up. if not for the slow housing market, those subdivisions along 288 would be wayy overpriced now.

• 2 weeks later...
17. One HOA rep told us that a hidden camera in one of the homes under construction had caught one of the contractors stealing copper from the house. The contractor was arrested. Since this has happened, the thefts at the construction sites in ST has decreased.

Awesome, I'm glad they finally caught one of the thieves!

• 1 month later...

Ike caused considerable damage to the infrastructure at Southern Trails. Trees were overturned, fences were downed, and the flag poles at the entrance were knocked down. Ashton Woods has done a commendable job of recovery. Those trees which were saveable were uprighted by work crews in time to save them, and fences along the public steets are being repaired (and paid for by AW). I still don't know when (and even if) the flag poles will be repaired. I will pass on what I find out.

As for home damage, it seems about 25% of the structures in ST had some type of roof damage. That includes everything from a few shingles gone (most common) to serious holes (only about 1 in 10). All things considered, we were very fortunate in ST. We ended up being on the 'weak' side of Ike's winds. Also, we only lost electricity there for about 21 hours.

EDIT: According to my contact at AW, the two flag poles will be repaired. Work on that is supposed to begin in a week or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I spoke with the AW sales rep at the models inside the ST

Garden Estates section (those models are gorgeous, by the way). He

told me that AW had made the first two sales of lots inside Garden

Estates.

I walked around and found the SOLD signs; they are on the north side

of the section. They are side by side, and feature back yards that

view the beautiful fountain in the lake. With that view, it seems

logical those lots would sell first.

We'll see how soon AW breaks ground on these homes. At least it's a

sign of progress in that empty section.

Yesterday I spoke with the AW sales rep at the models inside the ST

Garden Estates section (those models are gorgeous, by the way).

I went to see those two models. I was very impressed with both. No doubt they will keep sales up for that new section.

They look like a great alternative for smaller families or people looking to downsize. Attention to detail is what made me buy my current home and I saw a lot of the same by AW.

• 2 weeks later...

Sundown Glen is the new section of 60' lots Ashton Woods has opened. This section is on the east edge of Kingsley Dr (Co. Rd 48), and has an entrance directly onto Kingsley. I was driving by and noticed some SOLD signs on a few of the lots there. So we may see the very first start ups there soon.

Edit: there is only one SOLD sign in Sundown Glen (so far). This was confirmed by an AW Sales Rep.

There are still 3 empty lots available for building in the Sage Meadows section of ST. Sage Meadow is the original 60' section. I wanted to mention this in case anyone looking in ST would prefer building in the more established section. Sundown Glen is the new 60' lot section, and has only sold one lot, so there are many more lot choices there.

Archived