Southern Trails Community In Pearland

Timnwendy

More info on the Southern Trails fitness center and pool. There is a $10 processing fee for each key fob issued to give you access to the facility (pool & fitness room). The pool opens this year on May 24th and will be open through Sept 1st. The pool is closed on Mondays for cleaning.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More info on the Southern Trails fitness center and pool. There is a $10 processing fee for each key fob issued to give you access to the facility (pool & fitness room). The pool opens this year on May 24th and will be open through Sept 1st. The pool is closed on Mondays for cleaning.

Wow..so after the $750 HOA Fee, $100 HOA Transfer Fee, and a $375 suprise there's an extra HOA fee we didn't tell you about until closing day..they want to charge $10 per key?

Absurd.

Wow..so after the $750 HOA Fee, $100 HOA Transfer Fee, and a $375 suprise there's an extra HOA fee we didn't tell you about until closing day..they want to charge $10 per key?

Absurd.

I reread the form the PCMI sent me and I was a bit mistaken, the charge is $10 for the first key fob, others sent to your family after the first cost $30. Any lost or stolen key fob results in a $30 replacement fee.

The literature says the lifeguards will check to see if you have a key fob when you come to swim. I'm skeptical about that.

I reread the form the PCMI sent me and I think I was a bit mistaken, the charge is $10 for the first key fob, others sent to your family are 'free'. But there is a hefty $30 replacement fee, if any are lost or stolen.

The literature says the lifeguards will check to see if you have a key fob when you come to swim. I'm skeptical about that.

You need the key to open the gate to access the pool, so in that sense, it's required.

But yea, the HOA fees can be a bit overwhelming. Hopefully they'll go down as we get more residents.

According to my AW sales rep, there are only 8 lots left in the Sage Meadows 60' section of ST. She said not all the lots have 'sold' signs up on them, some still say 'available' or have no sign at all. Sales have been good in the 60' section since Feb.

Now over in the 70' section, you seem to be right, the sales are slower. But they are slower for the other builders too (Trendmaker, Imperial), not just AW. However, have you noticed there are still new startups being made over there? I guess it can't be too bad.

I think dizzyedge bought in the 70' section, maybe he can add more to this. I think he was supposed to close on his house very soon.

P.S. I met fellow HAIF'er TammyB on Sunday. Good to add another nice neighbor to my growing list. :)

anyone else find it amusing that some of the "health concious" residents who use the rec center facilities DRIVE to the rec center? and then they proceed to park on the street in front of the rec center instead of the parking lot that was built for that purpose. i assume because the parking lot is so much farther from the entrance?? <_<

anyone else find it amusing that some of the "health concious" residents who use the rec center facilities DRIVE to the rec center? and then they proceed to park on the street in front of the rec center instead of the parking lot that was built for that purpose. i assume because the parking lot is so much farther from the entrance?? <_<

Yeah, I saw that. I can understand those folks living on the west side of our lake driving over, but I can't fathom why they won't park in the parking lot. Also, I see many families coming to play on the playground are parking along the street. At least Southern Trails Drive is wide!

Yeah, I saw that. I can understand those folks living on the west side of our lake driving over, but I can't fathom why they won't park in the parking lot. Also, I see many families coming to play on the playground are parking along the street. At least Southern Trails Drive is wide!

I've noticed the exact same thing. As if walking the extra few feet from the parking lot would tax them beyond recovery. I wonder if there's a difference in parking habits between those who use the exercise equipment vs those who use the grill. Maybe the developers would consider posting a few signs along the streets to gently remind people to park in the parking lot.

I think dizzyedge bought in the 70' section, maybe he can add more to this. I think he was supposed to close on his house very soon.

I didn't end up closing on the house cause of all the break-ins in the new Oak Hollow section.

There were 2 sets of break-ins in April...both delaying my closing which was already late.

Not only did they steal from my house...but also several empty Imperial inventory homes & one owner that closed on his home, but didn't move in yet.

My house was stolen from at least 4 times in the past 5 months. These weren't 'casual', pick up some material left on the floor thefts, but a lot more organized & violent. In the last 2 thefts they broke open the rear door, tearing apart the door frame. Then they ripped the alarm siren from the wall & stole the front door. They did this to several other homes before getting away.

After the 3rd theft, Ashton Woods put a computer printed sign on my doors saying that the house is under video surveillance...without actually having video surveillance like the Trendmaker section does....so they took it in their return trip.

I bet the thugs are having a good laugh over Corona's right about now.

The last theft, discovered a couple hours before my closing, was the last straw...we no longer felt safe there.

There goes 8 months of my life wasted planning on this house.

Obviously their undercover security is not enough...who knows, they're probably in on it.

All the thefts happened late night after hours..hopefully they step up their watch before they lose any more sales.

If not, buy a shotgun if you plan on living in that section.

Obviously their undercover security is not enough...who knows, they're probably in on it.

I personally had a close encounter with their undercover security at ST. I contacted AW to verify the people I met were who they claimed to be. AW checked and the folks I met were legit. I guess they still could have been involved, but I'm not going to subscribe to that conspiracy theory. It was probably a different kind of 'inside job', if you catch my drift.

It seems logical that your decision will give AW pause to rethink their security policy at ST...especially for the new homes under construction.

Best of luck in your new home search.

I've noticed the exact same thing. As if walking the extra few feet from the parking lot would tax them beyond recovery. I wonder if there's a difference in parking habits between those who use the exercise equipment vs those who use the grill. Maybe the developers would consider posting a few signs along the streets to gently remind people to park in the parking lot.

Ill bring up maybe posting or somehow tactfully making it know "No Parking". Ill get back with solution.

Wayne

I personally had a close encounter with their undercover security at ST. I contacted AW to verify the people I met were who they claimed to be. AW checked and the folks I met were legit. I guess they still could have been involved, but I'm not going to subscribe to that conspiracy theory. It was probably a different kind of 'inside job', if you catch my drift.

It seems logical that your decision will give AW pause to rethink their security policy at ST...especially for the new homes under construction.

Best of luck in your new home search.

First off, we think about it everyday. I understand our buyers are making a huge investment, and so are we. If you think this isn't a problem everywhere else then your mistaken. I was personally called to a scene at 4am up in the Woodlands one Sunday morning (I live in Silverlake). They actually caught the guy, who was a worker, thinking he could get away with it. Let me assure current homeowners that 99% of these guys will not come close to an owner occupied home for the fear, sorry to be blunt, shot. They prey on the homes that they know are not occupied and most of these guys with tools are like a pit crew for a race car team. zip...zip and appliances gone. Although, and thanks to alot of you, Southern trails has remained consistent, if not a pick up in sales, most builders are not. That means trades are out of work and their workers are certainly more desperate then before. I'm in no way excusing this, as a matter of fact, it downright disturbs me. We are paying for security, putting up cameras, etc. While these break-ins and damage is a concern to our buyers, please understand its a concern to us. One, we dont want our buyers upset, second, it costs us money, time, and when we forecast certain numbers, like most business's, we are expected to hit them, no excuses. I will note this thread, and continue to address it. I apologize to any effected and offer my number 281-713-1492 to anyone (regardless of builder) to contact me should they need to. I would also ask, as we do in my community to keep an eye out for suspicious activity and call me, I don't care if its 2am. Once we nab some of these thugs, I'm not saying this will completely stop, (ive been doing this 13 years and its always been somewhat an issue) but I do believe we can make some think twice before attempting to steal or destroy. Thank you all for the post and I will do everything within the law to help curtail this.

Wayne Green

First off, we think about it everyday. I understand our buyers are making a huge investment, and so are we. If you think this isn't a problem everywhere else then your mistaken. I was personally called to a scene at 4am up in the Woodlands one Sunday morning (I live in Silverlake). They actually caught the guy, who was a worker, thinking he could get away with it. Let me assure current homeowners that 99% of these guys will not come close to an owner occupied home for the fear, sorry to be blunt, shot. They prey on the homes that they know are not occupied and most of these guys with tools are like a pit crew for a race car team. zip...zip and appliances gone. Although, and thanks to alot of you, Southern trails has remained consistent, if not a pick up in sales, most builders are not. That means trades are out of work and their workers are certainly more desperate then before. I'm in no way excusing this, as a matter of fact, it downright disturbs me. We are paying for security, putting up cameras, etc. While these break-ins and damage is a concern to our buyers, please understand its a concern to us. One, we dont want our buyers upset, second, it costs us money, time, and when we forecast certain numbers, like most business's, we are expected to hit them, no excuses. I will note this thread, and continue to address it. I apologize to any effected and offer my number 281-713-1492 to anyone (regardless of builder) to contact me should they need to. I would also ask, as we do in my community to keep an eye out for suspicious activity and call me, I don't care if its 2am. Once we nab some of these thugs, I'm not saying this will completely stop, (ive been doing this 13 years and its always been somewhat an issue) but I do believe we can make some think twice before attempting to steal or destroy. Thank you all for the post and I will do everything within the law to help curtail this.

Wayne Green

Group

Here's a link that may benefit all. Ive printed and will review to see what we can better do to protect our community.

http://www.buildernewsmag.com/viewnews.pl?id=291

these homes aren't made out of much now and its easy to get in...my boy on the NW Side said his home was broken in within a week of moving as alot of construction is occuring in his area.....folks know those are easy areas to hit

• 2 weeks later...
I just received a letter from the HOA on the issue of recreation center parking.

Looks like twgreen delivered, nice job! :)

Group

As ive said, ill try to shoot straight an help when i can. I can promise ill pass concerns on up. FYI, i spent this morning taking pics of fountains not working, job sites, etc, and will get those going as well. As always, contact me if you need anything.

Wayne

I am really impressed with the fitness room at the recreation center. I've been going a few times each week for about a month now. The room is kept clean and the equipment is kept maintained. The A/C works good and the lighting is fine. It seems as good as having a gym membership (for my 'middle-age' activity level, anyway). I am also finding it is a good place to meet my neighbors.

This is one amenity that shines above other subdivisions nearby. Not even SCR has a fitness room.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody knows what is going on just north of the Enclave at Southern Trails (Northwest corner of 518 & 48). They have cleared quite a big piece of land there. Some should be part of 518 expansion to 521 but seems to be more to it.

My wife and I spent the entire weekend looking at homes in ST and SCR, we still have not decided. Unfortunately we are restarting the hunt for a house after our builder pulled out of our contract we had on a nice waterfront lot in SouthFork. (Long Story).

We couldn't find a decent waterfront lot left in ST for a resonable price :( . Looking for a 1 story 2500-2900 sqft waterfront home. (unfortunately have not won the lotto yet, wait let me check....no not yet)

We stopped by AW twice, once sales person was busy, second time no body around.

Unfortunately DW has only one home left and TM is way over our budget. (still no lotto)

So should I go back to AW or just wait another year till more lots open up?

Anybody knows what is going on just north of the Enclave at Southern Trails (Northwest corner of 518 & 48). They have cleared quite a big piece of land there. Some should be part of 518 expansion to 521 but seems to be more to it.

I'm looking at a site plan twgreen gave me awhile back. I see 12.2 acres are zoned as 'COMM' right about where you are describing. I assume that COMM means 'Commercial', huh? So it's possible some developer could be laying the groundwork for a strip mall and/or Corner Store/Gas station. Those are just some guesses, I don't know everything that could be possibly covered under commerical use.

I'm looking at a site plan twgreen gave me awhile back. I see 12.2 acres are zoned as 'COMM' right about where you are describing. I assume that COMM means 'Commercial', huh? So it's possible some developer could be laying the groundwork for a strip mall and/or Corner Store/Gas station. Those are just some guesses, I don't know everything that could be possibly covered under commerical use.

Yes, it might be a strip mall. Site is quite large so it might be more than just a Corner Store/Gas Station.

NorthEast corner of 48 (Kingsley) & 518 which is part of SCR is also designated as COMM - 9.3 Acres. It has been sold already and they call it Broadway Village.

SCR Commercial Plan

It looks like they're reallying trying to get rid of all the empty lots in the Western half.

At least four empty lots began construction this past week. Good!

The word circulating from at least 2 of AW's sales agents is that AW is obligated to start building more homes now (obligated to who, I'm not sure) and they are starting the construction of inventory homes. I heard that second-hand from people who talked to the agents.

I know sales of new construction and inventory homes are brisk in my section (61' Sage Meadow), and yesterday a coworker of mine just signed a contract to build in the 70' section. I saw my building superintendent the other day and he said he was currently coordinating 21 new sites in Southern Trails. He was so busy he thought AW would assign another super to split his load.

So the situation for AW is a far cry from what it was last Christmas.

I'm sorry to report that the letter from the HOA about parking along Southern Trails Drive in front of the rec center has had little effect in curbing the problem. The last two weekends there have been many cars parked there, for various picnic and birthday functions. At one point last Saturday I counted 10 cars parked there. Some were even parked on both sides of the street, causing an extra danger for people trying to drive past on the street. I emailed PCMI to report the problem; no reply yet.

I'm sorry to report that the letter from the HOA about parking along Southern Trails Drive in front of the rec center has had little effect in curbing the problem. The last two weekends there have been many cars parked there, for various picnic and birthday functions. At one point last Saturday I counted 10 cars parked there. Some were even parked on both sides of the street, causing an extra danger for people trying to drive past on the street. I emailed PCMI to report the problem; no reply yet.

Yep, I noticed that too. I think a sign would work better. It could be gently yet directly worded . . . such as "Please park in the parking lot."

If the parking lot is full, I don't have a problem with people parking along the road. I imagine the lot gets full quickly during large gatherings.

If the parking lot is full, I don't have a problem with people parking along the road. I imagine the lot gets full quickly during large gatherings.

Good point, but the parking lot wasn't full when I noted all the cars parked on the street.

Archived