moving to houston, need an idea of where to live

les70808

I plan to move to houston w/in the next few months. I have been exploring neighborhoods of where I might want live, but still am not sure. Firstly, I am a young professional who will be working at the medical center, so I want somewhere close to the mc or rail. I also have a big dog and like to jog w/ him, so greenery, parks, etc are a must. I am a young professional, so no to the college areas. I also like artsy atmosphere, but not slumming-it artsy, if that make sense? Looking to spend around $800-$1000 in rent. Any suggestions?

if you want train/parks/artsy....probably hermann park/museum area. there are several HAIF members who live there that can probably more info on prices.

My interns were telling me that they live on Holly Hall/Cambridge. The light rail is only a block away from their apartments and the rent is about 600-750 a month depending on which apartment complex. Welcome to Houston.

I live in the Hermann Perk / museum area. Send me a message and I'll give you some info.

Holly Hall area is cheap but not so great for running / outdoors stuff / artsy stuff. For $800-$1000 you could definitely find a place near Hermann Park and in my opinion, it's a nicer neighborhood.

Edited by Jax

I plan to move to houston w/in the next few months. I have been exploring neighborhoods of where I might want live, but still am not sure. Firstly, I am a young professional who will be working at the medical center, so I want somewhere close to the mc or rail. I also have a big dog and like to jog w/ him, so greenery, parks, etc are a must. I am a young professional, so no to the college areas. I also like artsy atmosphere, but not slumming-it artsy, if that make sense? Looking to spend around $800-$1000 in rent. Any suggestions?

Olympus Nelson 713-622-8908 is a real estate company that specializes in duplexes and other rental units in the medical center/museum area. This may be a source if you are looking for something other than the typical apartment complex. I would also check out har.com.