Investment Properties

TonyH

I would be interested in knowing the forum's opinion of what each person considers as a good investment property (quantitative variables only).

Price [range]

Rent

Rentability

Size

Tax Rate

Cap Rate

I have some for sale myself and I want to see if my supply 'fits the needs' of investors 'out there'...

Link to my website in my profile...

• 2 months later...

Price: 100K to 160K

Rent: 1% of sale price/month

Rentability: Must rent within 30 to 45 days

Size: 3-2-2; 1300 to 2000 sqft

Age of Property: New enough such that the property is less than 50 years old at time of future re-sale. Assuming a 30 year mortgage (that is not paid off early), that comes out to no older than a build date of 1989. Hard finding insurance for properties that are over 50 years of age (without a lot of extra work and hassel).

Tax Rate: 2.6 to 3.0

Location: Near professional employment centers. In a good school district.

I am looking to purchase rental property in the Clear Lake area. I found the house (per my guidelines above). But I have called four insurance companies - NONE of them are writing dwelling fire insurance on investment properties in Harris county. Any recommendations? I have looked at your listings, the insurance seems really low. How did you pull that off?

I would be interested in knowing the forum's opinion of what each person considers as a good investment property (quantitative variables only).

Price [range]

Rent

Rentability

Size

Tax Rate

Cap Rate

I have some for sale myself and I want to see if my supply 'fits the needs' of investors 'out there'...

Link to my website in my profile...

Price: 100K to 160K

Rent: 1% of sale price/month

Rentability: Must rent within 30 to 45 days

Size: 3-2-2; 1300 to 2000 sqft

Age of Property: New enough such that the property is less than 50 years old at time of future re-sale. Assuming a 30 year mortgage (that is not paid off early), that comes out to no older than a build date of 1989. Hard finding insurance for properties that are over 50 years of age (without a lot of extra work and hassel).

Tax Rate: 2.6 to 3.0

Location: Near professional employment centers. In a good school district.

I am looking to purchase rental property in the Clear Lake area. I found the house (per my guidelines above). But I have called four insurance companies - NONE of them are writing dwelling fire insurance on investment properties in Harris county. Any recommendations? I have looked at your listings, the insurance seems really low. How did you pull that off?

Suggest you try contacting Atkinson Brothers - one of their specialities is providing insurance for rental property. Phone: 713-664-4021 or 800-929-6093.