Houston LRT Trains

Trae

I often see two trains linked together at rush hour, but never more than that.

OK Jax, you know stuff, tell me: LRT = ? BRT = ? I don't know the difference in the names of various commuter trains.

I do know that BLT = yummy!

Edited by moni

I often see two trains linked together at rush hour, but never more than that.

I don't think that they would link more than two trains because it would not fit within the blocks when they stop. I don't think that they want the train to block the cross streets when stopped.

OK Jax, you know stuff, tell me: LRT = ? BRT = ? I don't know the difference in the names of various commuter trains.

I do know that BLT = yummy!

Light Rail Transit and Bus Rapid Transit. BRT's are made to look like LRTs, but of course are buses. But I don't think BRT's are always necessarily GRT (Guided Rapid Transit). In Houston's case, I think BRT's would be GRT since they're creating the lanes to convert if ridership demands it.

Edited by lockmat

Light Rail Transit and Bus Rapid Transit. BRT's are made to look like LRTs, but of course are buses. But I don't think BRT's are always necessarily GRT (Guided Rapid Transit). In Houston's case, I think BRT's would be GRT since they're creating the lanes to convert if ridership demands it.

THANK YOU! :-)

THANK YOU! :-)

Sure.

Editor installed a feature that allows you to insert what the entire meaning of an acronym so when you hover your cursor over it, the entire meaning would pop up. But I don't see it anymore. I don't think anyone used it. Had people did, it would have been very helpful.

"Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT, 'cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up an MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP."

yes...not sure if a thread is needed though

I asked because someone on my forum (that was from Charlotte) said that Houston's trains can't link together. He said he got it from their new meeting for their light rail line. Some designer said it when comparing Charlotte's trains to Houston's trains.

I asked because someone on my forum (that was from Charlotte) said that Houston's trains can't link together. He said he got it from their new meeting for their light rail line. Some designer said it when comparing Charlotte's trains to Houston's trains.

it's in the LRT threads multiple times already.

That's AWESOME. We should have that. The theme song for its unveiling should be "Barracuda".

>:)

lamest. opening. ever.

hmmm, Heart would be interesting to see though, doubt the're up to much...

"If the real thing dont do the trick

You better make up something quick

You gonna burn burn burn burn it to the wick

Ooooooh, barracuda..."

(wah pedal playing)

Edited by urban909

lamest. opening. ever.

hmmm, Heart would be interesting to see though, doubt the're up to much...

"If the real thing dont do the trick

You better make up something quick

You gonna burn burn burn burn it to the wick

Ooooooh, barracuda..."

(wah pedal playing)

Not lame. It would be scrumptrilescent and you know it in your Heart of HARTs.