HEB On Fry Rd. & Highway 99

CyKat

Others take it down, not them. Sometimes, its gone in a day, sometimes a few days, but I don't think they are the ones taking it down. Their spam signs are worse than those mortgage, painting, christmas light installation signs. It is bigger, bolder, more aggressively placed and with more frequency, they probably hope their signs will stay there forever like those in the mason area.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How come prices are different for various HEB, Kroger, etc stores around town? The prices at McDonalds, Wendys, etc are the same, but why is it so different for the same grocery stores.

Most chains divide their stores up in different zones for various reasons (demographics etc). They tend to have different price zones (different competition, demographics, real estate prices and the cost of doing business). Therefore you see different prices. What's sad is that you see some of the highest prices in the poorest areas of town.

• 1 month later...
Most chains divide their stores up in different zones for various reasons (demographics etc). They tend to have different price zones (different competition, demographics, real estate prices and the cost of doing business). Therefore you see different prices. What's sad is that you see some of the highest prices in the poorest areas of town.

Well its official, i got the katy magazine delivered to my house today and they ARE building a brand new Dennys across H.E.B. and in front of The Home Depot, it will be 24 hours. I wonder when they are going to open that H.E.B. Carwash, and do ya think its going to be sucessfull?

I like Denny's over Ihop...but would be fine if neither opened in that spot.

I drove by HEB yesterday - the carwash appears to be open. The light were all on and the tape that they had across the entrance is gone.

They won't lose money on that carwash...I mean they will eventually make their money back on the investment. There are not any other carwashes near there, and people that fill up there are using it because of the convenience and price (again, nothing else is close)...so, I bet it does just fine!

Different topic than Dennys, but just an FYI for those of us who suffer through the traffic that area. The County approved the light at 7 Meadow's Pkwy and 99 yesterday. they say it should be up in about 6 months. In the mean time they will be installing stop signs. There is also planned making it a double turn lane at the 99 and fry light when you head east on Fry and under 99. they will also be looking into adding a second turn lane when you are under 99 and turing north to get onto 99 from Fry. There is one other item they are looking into that will take HEB approval and that's eliminating the left turns out of HEB's parking lot on to Fry. Traffic that wanted to head west on Fry would need to exit HEB at 7 Meadows Pkwy and turn left on fry at the new light/stop sign.

• 3 months later...
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that their prices are the highest around. It's the closest grocery store to me, but if I have time, and alot of shopping to do, I'll go the extra 3 miles to Walmart or even to the HEB on Mason. I live in Cinco.

Just venting.

CyKat

Something BIG is coming to HEB in 2................................................

Grocery stores like HEB, and to a greater extent Kroger and Randall's do neighborhood pricing. Which is based on market demographics. So while, you'd think the grocery stores would charge more in areas like River Oaks, etc...they actually charge more in places in like South Katy, Cypress, Champions, Sugar Land, etc. where the AVG HH incomes are over $100K. Stop in and compare next time your in town, you'll be surprised at how much more you pay.

what??? is this some type of countdown or something?

:wacko:

0......................... I have heard that HEB will be lowering prices to directly go head to head with Kroger, Randalls, Fiesta, etc... They will have special tags saying HEB's price and comparing to "Kroger's Plus Card" price. This is going to be interesting, as i went in today and saw signs hanging inside the store. The deals start today, so i guess there's only one way to see how "Low they can go". STOP INFLATION SHOP H.E.B. (This is there motto). They are trying to increase market share throughout Houston. This is in ALL H.E.B.'s in Houston, not just the one in Seven Meadows. They told their employees to keep shut until today, (Wednesday) becuase they did not want the competition to know about this. My cousin works there so this is how i know this. All right, that's that. B)

0......................... I have heard that HEB will be lowering prices to directly go head to head with Kroger, Randalls, Fiesta, etc... They will have special tags saying HEB's price and comparing to "Kroger's Plus Card" price. This is going to be interesting, as i went in today and saw signs hanging inside the store. The deals start today, so i guess there's only one way to see how "Low they can go". STOP INFLATION SHOP H.E.B. (This is there motto). They are trying to increase market share throughout Houston. This is in ALL H.E.B.'s in Houston, not just the one in Seven Meadows. They told their employees to keep shut until today, (Wednesday) becuase they did not want the competition to know about this. My cousin works there so this is how i know this. All right, that's that. B)

Just checked today's ad on heb.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Something really irritates me about HEB. I do not appreciate being stopped as I travel down Fry road to the Grand Parkway in front of HEB. The cops directing traffic let car after car come out of the parking lot and in front of me. I understand the business is trying to create an "easy in" and "easy out" atmosphere for their customers. I just don't like waiting in line while all these cars are let out because I do feel like I have the right of way as I am traveling down the main street (Fry). HEB doesn't respect my time. Am I over-reacting or just having a bad day?

Something really irritates me about HEB. I do not appreciate being stopped as I travel down Fry road to the Grand Parkway in front of HEB. The cops directing traffic let car after car come out of the parking lot and in front of me. I understand the business is trying to create an "easy in" and "easy out" atmosphere for their customers. I just don't like waiting in line while all these cars are let out because I do feel like I have the right of way as I am traveling down the main street (Fry). HEB doesn't respect my time. Am I over-reacting or just having a bad day?

Not over-reacting at all. This is one of the reasons I never go near a large church on Sundays.

If they were allowed to simply put in an entrance/exit on the east side of both HEB and Home Depot, the congestion wouldn't be nearly as bad. As it is now, this is a nightmare of an intersection.

If they were allowed to simply put in an entrance/exit on the east side of both HEB and Home Depot, the congestion wouldn't be nearly as bad. As it is now, this is a nightmare of an intersection.

Fort Bend County does not allow for their to be exits directly going into the Feeder Road. So your wishing about their being exits on the east side, well is simply a wish that is NEVER going to come true. Ya' complain to much, I for one appreciate the police being thier and directing traffic, it only takes about 1-3 minutes of your day. Plus they will avoid some traffic accidents on the weekends by doing this.

Fort Bend County does not allow for their to be exits directly going into the Feeder Road. So your wishing about their being exits on the east side, well is simply a wish that is NEVER going to come true. Ya' complain to much, I for one appreciate the police being thier and directing traffic, it only takes about 1-3 minutes of your day. Plus they will avoid some traffic accidents on the weekends by doing this.

It's not a FORT BEND limitation, it's a Newland Communities limitation. Fort Bend doesn't have any issues with egress/ingress to feeder roads. Anyone whose spent any time at 6 and 59 knows this.

It's not a FORT BEND limitation, it's a Newland Communities limitation. Fort Bend doesn't have any issues with egress/ingress to feeder roads. Anyone whose spent any time at 6 and 59 knows this.

That is not a feeder road. It is an access ramp to the highway, and a short one at that, and there are TXDOT guidelines about spacing of driveways on access lanes and actual guidelines as to whether or not ingress/egress can be granted. Even different guidelines depending on whether it's an urban, suburban or rural road.

I found a TXDOT Roadway Design Manual and an Access Management manual online. Isn't the internet GREAT?!

• 6 months later...

Archived