HEB On Fry Rd. & Highway 99

CyKat

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that their prices are the highest around. It's the closest grocery store to me, but if I have time, and alot of shopping to do, I'll go the extra 3 miles to Walmart or even to the HEB on Mason. I live in Cinco.

Just venting.

CyKat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way more expensive.........I only go there for specialty items or for 1 or 2 things. I usually go to Krogers or Walmart for a full cart. I am lookng forward to when the new Walmart opens and HEB may then be a thing of the past.

Note: I was there this weekend and did notice that quite a bit of what I buy is dropping in price but still more expensive.

This HEB is for rich shopper's that never look at prices.........

I'll gladly pay more for better customer service. Krogers Customer service is ____. Every time I go in there they only have about 2 checkers open and one of those is a 15 items or less. They also rarely have more than 1 person working the deli counter and they are constantly blocking aisles with their back stock. Kroger's lost my business for good. And Walmat, well, its Walmart.

I'll gladly pay more for better customer service. Krogers Customer service is ____. Every time I go in there they only have about 2 checkers open and one of those is a 15 items or less. They also rarely have more than 1 person working the deli counter and they are constantly blocking aisles with their back stock. Kroger's lost my business for good. And Walmat, well, its Walmart.

I love the HEB store at Fry/Grand Parkway..... It's a first class store.... Always have lots of business for a reason... You walk in a can chose great food to go..... you can walk in further and see all the different depts.....someone is always demonstrating a new recipe..... I can buy whatever I want.... so much selection.... There is a reason it is alway crowded..... The amenities..... the customer service...

I completely agree on the above points. I really enjoy shopping at HEB compared to Kroger. Great meat selction including prepared items ready to cook, great customer service, electonics department to pick up a CD, DVD, or electronic gadget, plus there are are always a lot of check-out lanes open. I'm not one to bash big business, but it seems you can really tell the difference in them being a privately held / family owned company versus the a huge public company like Kroger that has to answer to earnings projection each quarter so they cut cost (i.e. employees providing customer service) to make their numbers. It looks like people will pay a little more for quality and service - just look at the parking lot!

I completely agree on the above points. I really enjoy shopping at HEB compared to Kroger. Great meat selction including prepared items ready to cook, great customer service, electonics department to pick up a CD, DVD, or electronic gadget, plus there are are always a lot of check-out lanes open. I'm not one to bash big business, but it seems you can really tell the difference in them being a privately held / family owned company versus the a huge public company like Kroger that has to answer to earnings projection each quarter so they cut cost (i.e. employees providing customer service) to make their numbers. It looks like people will pay a little more for quality and service - just look at the parking lot!

WELL....IM BACK! Except i have a 1 in front becuase i forgot my password, ANYWAYS.... Have ya wondered why they broke up a small piece of concrete besides the gas station at HEB?? I have just cofirmed that it is going to be an....................HEB CARWASH!! That's right,an "H.E.B." branded Car Wash. I wonder how its going to work out for them? :unsure:

Crazy!! I just noticed that today when driving home from Home Depot (or should I say leaving my home...I practically live there...) anyways, - Is it going to be a gas-station type drive-through car wash or something else? Like a hand wash - you drop your car off at the front of the store, go shop, we wash your car while you shop, and then to pick it up there is some sort of valet system?

Interesting...

They put the sign up on the Palis Royal - I guess it will be open soon!

Over priced is over priced, and if you have money to burn, well..........what ever floats your boat. I can't wait for the new Walmart. I guess I'm just more concerned about price. That HEB doesn't sell or do anything for me that the HEB on Mason doesn't. At least we can agree that the prices are very high, some of the highest of any store I've ever been to in the Houston area. And....when I see people overpaying, and just buying without any regard to price, I ticks me off, because that just encourages them to maintain the higher prices. HEB has a good thing going, but it's nothing a little competition won't cure. Come-oooooooon Walmart!

CyKat

Crazy!! I just noticed that today when driving home from Home Depot (or should I say leaving my home...I practically live there...) anyways, - Is it going to be a gas-station type drive-through car wash or something else? Like a hand wash - you drop your car off at the front of the store, go shop, we wash your car while you shop, and then to pick it up there is some sort of valet system?

Interesting...

They put the sign up on the Palis Royal - I guess it will be open soon!

I am pretty sure that the car wash is the one where you put in the coins and you drive your car through it. I think having a valet type system is too much work and liability.

I went to the target area on westheimer and 99 last week, and compared it to the heb on fry and 99. I thought the target side is much nicer than the heb side, the heb side looks messier (not just because of the construction, I am talking about the layout, facade and type of shops).

The heb area's strip shops are closer to the roads. The area seems to have less trees and the middle section dividing the lanes is smaller and has less trees in them compare to the larger middle section of westheimer target area. Also, the heb area seems to get the 'bad' stuff, car wash, firestone tires plus yet another bank, while the target side has more food, chickfil, chillis, sonic and now whataburger.

Is it just me who thinks the layout in the target area's layout facade is more spacious and also looks nicer?

I went to the target area on westheimer and 99 last week, and compared it to the heb on fry and 99. I thought the target side is much nicer than the heb side, the heb side looks messier (not just because of the construction, I am talking about the layout, facade and type of shops).

The heb area's strip shops are closer to the roads. The area seems to have less trees and the middle section dividing the lanes is smaller and has less trees in them compare to the larger middle section of westheimer target area. Also, the heb area seems to get the 'bad' stuff, car wash, firestone tires plus yet another bank, while the target side has more food, chickfil, chillis, sonic and now whataburger.

Is it just me who thinks the layout in the target area's layout facade is more spacious and also looks nicer?

I couldn't agree more. Newland/Cinco did a much better job in my opinion on controlling the architechtural requirements and spacing over in the Target center. It appears that Trendmaker Development (Grand Lakes) tried to smash as much as possible on the 2 tracks on each side of Fry. Nice point on the esplanades also - never really though of it, but they are much wider and tree lined in front of Target.

I do agree, but as a shopper it pisses me off that no matter what time of day I go to SuperTarget I have to stand in line to be checked out. At least in HEB there are always enough checkouts. SuperTarget needs to get their act together if they want to keep the clients that still go there.

It's not always about price.

I do agree, but as a shopper it pisses me off that no matter what time of day I go to SuperTarget I have to stand in line to be checked out. At least in HEB there are always enough checkouts. SuperTarget needs to get their act together if they want to keep the clients that still go there.

It's not always about price.

That was supposed to be one of the big selling points of Target was the fact that they had plenty of checkers. I was told by a former employee that their goal was never have more than 2 people waiting in line.

I personally have always had a great experience checking out with prompt service. I rarely have to wait in line. But then again I don't shop for groceries there.

That was supposed to be one of the big selling points of Target was the fact that they had plenty of checkers. I was told by a former employee that their goal was never have more than 2 people waiting in line.

I personally have always had a great experience checking out with prompt service. I rarely have to wait in line. But then again I don't shop for groceries there.

Has anybody noticed those black questions with a green background all over town. Its getting pretty annoying becuase they have been like that for at least a week? Does anybody know what they mean?

Has anybody noticed those black questions with a green background all over town. Its getting pretty annoying becuase they have been like that for at least a week? Does anybody know what they mean?

I noticed them about 2 weeks ago. I've only noticed one on the entrance ramp to grand parkway. I'm considering stealing one for the hell of it. Thats how I roll up in here.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate replying to my onw posts but . . . looks like the Enzo Lounge will be over on 99 in the same shopping center as Swampy's, NIKKO etc. There's already a sports bar in that center as well.

Isn't that the area with the biggest litter on a stick. Every business in that little strip has some kind of big crappy banner out on the side of 99 feeder. That's the first strip everyone sees when you turn into 99 from I10, and they decide to welcome everyone with that. Pretty soon, that area is going to be like mason. I though enzo was slightly classy, why did they think its ok to spam the whole neighborhood prior to their opening.

• 1 month later...
Isn't that the area with the biggest litter on a stick. Every business in that little strip has some kind of big crappy banner out on the side of 99 feeder. That's the first strip everyone sees when you turn into 99 from I10, and they decide to welcome everyone with that. Pretty soon, that area is going to be like mason. I though enzo was slightly classy, why did they think its ok to spam the whole neighborhood prior to their opening.

I saw the signs with the question marks and they really peaked my interest. I thought the signs were very nice and tasteful. Actually, I was disappointed that they didn't post signs for the grand opening. I stopped by Enzo Lounge and it was pretty nice. I happened to have found this website as I searched for their New Year's Eve plans. You are right, there are quite a few banners in the shopping center from every business. This may be their initial attempt at letting everyone know they are there. It is all about attracting customers and letting them know they are there. I think it is called advertising.

I saw the signs with the question marks and they really peaked my interest. I thought the signs were very nice and tasteful. Actually, I was disappointed that they didn't post signs for the grand opening. I stopped by Enzo Lounge and it was pretty nice. I happened to have found this website as I searched for their New Year's Eve plans. You are right, there are quite a few banners in the shopping center from every business. This may be their initial attempt at letting everyone know they are there. It is all about attracting customers and letting them know they are there. I think it is called advertising.

That weird, that's the kind of reaction email spammers often imagine their spam gets. You know like 'I saw the ad to add inches and they really peaked my interest., I thought the copy was nice and tasteful. Actually, I was disappointed they didn't show the before and after results.'

But how nice of enzo, ask for the community to support their business by littering the community.

And I don't know about the banners. If I stick the banners in their owners' or the spammer's ass, it would also be considered advertising, considering all the attention they would get, but they don't seem to be doing it. Plus, there is already a permanent signage available that lists all the businesses there already. Some banners have been there a long time, passed any initial opening stage. The good thing is that those banners don't go beyond that area, except for enzo's, which was littered all over katy. I just can't understand how enzo can ask for a neighborhood's support by littering all over it.

I have to ask, are you an employee, manager, related to enzo, or the litter on a stick spammer? Because it is kind of strange that your first post would promote this place and even praise their littering of the neighborhood.

That weird, that's the kind of reaction email spammers often imagine their spam gets. You know like 'I saw the ad to add inches and they really peaked my interest., I thought the copy was nice and tasteful. Actually, I was disappointed they didn't show the before and after results.'

But how nice of enzo, ask for the community to support their business by littering the community.

And I don't know about the banners. If I stick the banners in their owners' or the spammer's ass, it would also be considered advertising, considering all the attention they would get, but they don't seem to be doing it. Plus, there is already a permanent signage available that lists all the businesses there already. Some banners have been there a long time, passed any initial opening stage. The good thing is that those banners don't go beyond that area, except for enzo's, which was littered all over katy. I just can't understand how enzo can ask for a neighborhood's support by littering all over it.

I have to ask, are you an employee, manager, related to enzo, or the litter on a stick spammer? Because it is kind of strange that your first post would promote this place and even praise their littering of the neighborhood.

I have no relation to any business in the area of which you speak. I was simply stating my opinion. I tend to lean more to the positive side of things. I see quite a bit of negativity in your response, including the language you use. Honestly, I think there is no law against you picking up all the signage that bothers you. It is something you may want to consider. It is very unlikely I will visit this site again so I won't even see your response. I have much better things to do and more positive places to be. Hope you enjoy your holidays. Thanks.

I have no relation to any business in the area of which you speak. I was simply stating my opinion. I tend to lean more to the positive side of things. I see quite a bit of negativity in your response, including the language you use. Honestly, I think there is no law against you picking up all the signage that bothers you. It is something you may want to consider. It is very unlikely I will visit this site again so I won't even see your response. I have much better things to do and more positive places to be. Hope you enjoy your holidays. Thanks.

Now that is weird too. Because that is what email spammers would also say: delete your email if you don't want to see it. I do pick up the trash and litter sometimes, and deleted my spam, but it is a hassle, and it wasn't the point, littering is one thing, littering as a way to ask for support is another. I still have my doubts about your relation to enzo, but you too enjoy the holidays if you see this post.

Do you really think he is a spammer?

I certainly have my doubts, 'signs are nice and tasteful', 'I was disappointed that they didn't post signs for the grand opening', 'I stopped by and it was pretty nice', 'I was looking for info for their new year's plans', 'It may be their initial attempt to let ppl know', 'Its called advertising' and all in the first post. And the very act of registering just to praise about a retail location certainly goes with a spammer's behavior.

And guess what, this morning, these clowns spamed and littered all over the neighborhood again, and lo and behold, its their new year eve plans he/she just inquired, posted about. What a coincidence huh. I just pick up some of their litter, my friends and neighbors would be taking more of them down.

Archived