best places to run in Houston?

Any other suggestions inside the loop??

Mason Park on the East End has a nice, recently repaved (in concrete though) jogging trail. I believe it's 1.25 miles or so and parts run along the Brays Bayou. They've totalled redesigned the banks of the bayou so there's still some mud on the trail due to erosion on the recently seeded hills alongside. It's best in the mornings when there's less of a crowd.

Memorial park, rice university - are obvious...

Any other choices? I tried Buffalo Bayou - and it was dead and parts seemed like a great place to get killed!

Any other suggestions inside the loop??

I was thinking about running the Rice Stadium steps... What do you think???

I run the Hermann Park Golf course. For me it's closer b/c I work there. And I haven't had any problems. I been running there for about 2 yrs. now.

The path at Memorial makes it #1 in my book. My knees appreciate that path!

The path around Rice is nice but you do have to deal with more traffic/cars.

The Allen Parkway/Memorial Drive loop around the bayou is nice but it is only "busy" at lunch time. There's a steady group of runners coming out of downtown at lunch. With further park improvements, more people moving downtown, and a lot of residences being added along that stretch (Regent Square, Legacy at Memorial, etc...) I expect the path will only grow in popularity.

Before my knees gave out, I also liked to run the streets of River Oaks just to look at the houses.

The Memorial Park trail is way to crowded for me, especially on weekends. My favorite haunts are the Buffalo Bayou trail, River Oaks, and Rice University jogging trail. White Oak Bayou has a nice trail too. The Brays Bayou trail isn't bad either, but there's no shade.

Edited by Dan the Man

i get bored so i have to have different routes/places. i can't handle Brays Bayou too often even though it's right there, so i mix it with downtown, the gym, and different streets through my neighborhood. the latter is probably the best though - shady, and you get to see what's going on (mostly teardowns on this end).