Temenos Place Phase I: Affordable Housing At 1719 Gray St.

goodlife

Yeah, I think it's good news. I live a few blocks away, and I drive past that block on the way to and from work. I'd much rather see something done for the people on the streets than have them just laying about. Either way reflects our tax dollars at work. One may also reflect good conscience.

• 5 months later...

The vast majority of homeless people are not people that could otherwise work and just choose not to, or as some people on this thread have called them, the "I ain't never worked a day in my life" folks. The fact is, a very large number of homeless people suffer from debilitating psychiatric/mental problems and Houston does not have the facilities to help these people. Many of these people do not have the support structures of family and friends in their life that can help them weather hardships when they occur and it is a downward spiral from there. Here is a link to an article in the Chronicle that touches on this:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metrop...ay/5076635.html

• The title was changed to Temenos Place Phase I: 4-Story Affordable Housing At 1719 Gray St.
  • The title was changed to Temenos Place Phase I: Affordable Housing At 1719 Gray St.