HAIF Photo Contest One

editor

What IF the picture post the eventually wins and the iPod nano post just happen to be the same! :o

If that happen you know I will be the first to ask the winner what are tonight's winning lottery numbers. :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This picture really makes me want the city to create better historical preservation. There's plenty of other spaces to expand. We don't need to demolish existing building. That looks so colorful and vibrant. I love it.

This is a beautiful picture,and hopefully these places will be around for along time.

And Greenway Plaza:

Houston360083.jpg

I remember that pic, those where the days when I used to help you and Montrose1100 out by replying after you posted 10 pic's, that was the limit back then. no wonder my post count is so high. LOL

While terribly intimidated by the other submissions so far, I'm puttingh a few more submissions in. Also, saw a great shot today, but was sans camera and was driving (not that the latter matters in Houston). Will try to snap it later this week.

So here we go...

Houston traffic: Expect the Unexcpected..

IMG_1004b2.jpg

Success, at last...

IMG_1014a.jpg

Big Head George...

IMG_1016a.jpg

3380981-Museums_Theater_Music-Houst.jpg

Here's another sad one. One of the great musical influences of all time. Any guitarist worth his salt should pay honorable homage to the late great "Lightnin' Hopkins" Just a small marker in the lonely Forest Park - Lawndale graveyard in Houston. You have to drive all the way up to Crockett, TX to see a statue erected in his honor across the street from the Camp Street Cafe. In the middle '40s Hopkins was a fixture in the Third Ward. Later he packed the old El Dorado night after night, and there's not one damn thing on Dowling St. in his honor. Hell they should rename Dowling in his honor.

light.jpg

R.I.P. Sam, you are still "Da Man........"

Mark,

Unfreakingbelieveable! Please also post to the Historic Houston area (to a Jensen or related thread, if there is one).

Wow, the only thing left from 1956 is the manhole cover and the gutter. Very cool pics.

Here's another sad one. One of the great musical influences of all time. Any guitarist worth his salt should pay honorable homage to the late great "Lightnin' Hopkins" Just a small marker in the lonely Forest Park - Lawndale graveyard in Houston. You have to drive all the way up to Crockett, TX to see a statue erected in his honor across the street from the Camp Street Cafe. In the middle '40s Hopkins was a fixture in the Third Ward. Later he packed the old El Dorado night after night, and there's not one damn thing on Dowling St. in his honor. Hell they should rename Dowling in his honor.

Not only was L.H. a giant in his time, but he was a big influence to The Beatles, especially George and Ringo.

Inre: Mark F. Barnes 4th Ward picture, I hate it when they pave over those historic brick streets. Makes me want to cry. St. Louis has a number of brick streets left by the French. This is history and ought to be preserved. What is the city thinking?

Archived