Westfield Football Player Shot And Killed

PureAuteur

So, it would only have been OK, if the dog was a cocker spaniel ? Only THEN you could see why he would have a reason for confrontation over the animal ?

Let me get this straight though. You think that ONLY "thuggish types" own pitbulls, or only Black people that own pitbulls are "thuggish types" ? Only people in the "thug culture" can own a pitbull ?

The dog would NOT have been a cocker spaniel, in this situation, because these guys are not interested in owning a pet. They are interested in having a pit bull, specifically, as a status symbol, just like your rich bimbo in Beverly Hills feels like she needs to have a poodle.

Trust me, the guy was not defending his beloved pet dog. He was defending his own street cred vicariously through the pit bull. I may not be politically correct, but I'm telling it like it is.

I never said that ONLY thuggish types own pit bulls. I'm not ignorant. I know that they are owned by a variety of demographic types for a variety of reasons, some possibly being to have a beloved pet dog. I'm 99.9% certain that in this case, that pit bull was not his beloved pet dog or else he wouldn't be fighting with some thug from New Orleans over it in an apartment complex parking lot.

I'm sure there are plenty of blacks who own pitbulls and have the same relationship that a yuppie inside the loop has with his dog that he takes for walks every day in the park. However, in THIS CASE, being familiar with the area and the modern black youth culture, it is safe for me to assume that the two youth were fighting over a status symbol. The football player should have left well enough alone and gone to the football game. Hopefully other youth will learn from this.

Auteur, you said, and I quote " Pitbulls are nothing more than status symbols for thuggish types." If that is a true statement by you, and your admitted statement that "the victim came from a good home", then the victim cannot be a "thuggish type", there for he can have a relationship other than "status symbol" with the dog in question. Then you contradict yourself and say that "he must be embracing the thug sub-culture because he was fighting over a pitbull." Which is it Auteur, is he a good kid who got caught in a bad situation over his beloved pet, or was the victim just another thug who got popped over his status symbol ? You can't have it both ways.

Which is it Auteur, is he a good kid who got caught in a bad situation over his beloved pet, or was the victim just another thug who got popped over his status symbol ? You can't have it both ways.

Auteur, pick door number two. It's the one I'd pick and it's completely Un-P.C.

On a more serious note, I really believe he was a good kid, but was just in a bad neighborhood. Because of this he felt he had to act a certain way, which ultimately took his life.

Listen, TJones. I am 26 years old, and am close enough in age to this current generation of teens to have an understanding of it. I don't know the guy, personally, but I heard that he came from a good home. I work in this exact neighborhood where the shooting took place, and I have a familiarity of how things are in this area. Kids these days are raised differently than in the past. They are highly influenced by their surroundings, even if they come from a good home. Instead of saying "thug culture", maybe I should have just used the term "culture of today's male black urban youth". I'm aware that most of them are not actual thugs, but they are certainly adopting the lifestyle, look, and attitude. I'm not 100% sure about my claims about his relationship to his pet or any of the little details surrounding the case, but I'm merely going with my intuitions, which should be correct, given what I know about pit bulls and young black males that live in an environment where most of their peers are not middle class young black males, but rather apartment dwelling/working class young black males. I'm just trying to show how it is in this culture of kids born around 1990 in the Westfield area. Do you honestly think it was a pure coincidence that the dog happened to be a pitbull, after I tell you that I've heard from both black men and women at my work who tell me that the pitbull is a status symbol for the culture that I'm referring to? I'm not trying to be completely correct here, I'm merely trying to explain what is most likely to be true.

To answer your question, it's both #1 and #2. It's foolish to try and get me to make a choice between two black and white answers, when I'm smart enough to know that it's a combination of both. And yes, even YOU also know that it could be a combination of both. You are just trying to "win the debate" using the black and white answer trick that they constantly throw at you on those dumb political talk radio shows. (i.e. "You can't have it both ways"). In the future, please don't Hannity other people on here. It's annoying. He's not a good kid or a bad kid. He's just a human being, who happened to have a better parental upbringing (from what I heard) than his peers, but nonetheless got involved in a hostile culture that involves owning a pitbull to have street cred, and he was tragically killed.

It doesn

• The title was changed to Westfield Football Player Shot And Killed

Archived