Westfield Football Player Shot And Killed

PureAuteur

http://www.click2houston.com/news/13974395/detail.html

This hits close to home for me, since I work less than 100 yards from where this happened. If he was supposed to be at a scrimmage game, what was he doing hanging around at a parking lot getting into fights? Didn't sound like he had his priorities straight. The suspect was from Louisiana and killed the football player with a shotgun. It's sad that it always takes a crime like this to get these kind of people out of society. They really need to clean up that Trestles apartment complex. It's nothing but welfare recipients. They should end welfare completely in this country, but that's a different topic for another time.

from the Houston Chronicle

Pure Auteur wrote:

"This hits close to home for me, since I work less than 100 yards from where this happened. If he was supposed to be at a scrimmage game, what was he doing hanging around at a parking lot getting into fights? Didn't sound like he had his priorities straight. The suspect was from Louisiana and killed the football player with a shotgun. It's sad that it always takes a crime like this to get these kind of people out of society. They really need to clean up that Trestles apartment complex. It's nothing but welfare recipients. They should end welfare completely in this country, but that's a different topic for another time."

In the story from the Chronicle, it states that the victim, Herman Mitchell, and the suspect, both lived in the apartment complex. It also states that he was headed to the scrimmage, he wasn't just "hanging around". He was a good student and a stand-out athlete who had verbally committed to play for Oklahoma. Sounds to me like he did have his priorities straight. Rest in Peace, Herman. We will miss seeing you on the field this year.

I find it funny that no one here would care about this story had they not mentioned the kid was a football player with a little bit of talent. I mean seriously, how could you care about this instance, but not for the other hundreds of murders that take place in Houston every year?

How about this, Jeebus? Poor black kid, awarded 5-year full ride scholarship to a university and set to graduate early and enroll in college for the Spring semester, is blown away in a parking lot for looking at somebody the wrong way.

Okay, but what about the countless other poor black kids that didn't have full-ride scholarships to universities and were set to graduate early and enroll in college for the next semester?

I haven't seen any threads started for them, much less heard sympathy for them on this board. What makes this kid so different?

from the Houston Chronicle

Pure Auteur wrote:

"This hits close to home for me, since I work less than 100 yards from where this happened. If he was supposed to be at a scrimmage game, what was he doing hanging around at a parking lot getting into fights? Didn't sound like he had his priorities straight. The suspect was from Louisiana and killed the football player with a shotgun. It's sad that it always takes a crime like this to get these kind of people out of society. They really need to clean up that Trestles apartment complex. It's nothing but welfare recipients. They should end welfare completely in this country, but that's a different topic for another time."

In the story from the Chronicle, it states that the victim, Herman Mitchell, and the suspect, both lived in the apartment complex. It also states that he was headed to the scrimmage, he wasn't just "hanging around". He was a good student and a stand-out athlete who had verbally committed to play for Oklahoma. Sounds to me like he did have his priorities straight. Rest in Peace, Herman. We will miss seeing you on the field this year.

After reading further subsequent newspaper articles, it's clear that the kid gambled his future and life away. He was busy arguing with a thug in a parking lot over ownership of a pitbull dog and then decided to get into a fistfight and kick the dude's ***. Did he honestly not expect that N.O. dude to retaliate with anything less than a rifle and blow him away New Orleans style? If he is committed to football at OU and had a scrimmage that evening, he should have forgotten about the pitbull and left that guy alone and just headed straight for school.

Do you own a dog Auteur ? If someone was trying to claim your dog as THEIR'S what would you do? I would most likely call the cops, but if things got heated, and left with no other choice, I may have to fight for my dog, I would NOT just hand her over willingly. In a perfect world the cops would show up before any altercation occurred. In the thug world, things tend to escalate rather quickly.

I am sure the kid wasn't looking for trouble, trouble just happened to find him.

Now, to show you just how sure Oklahoma was that they were going to get this kid to play for them. The Sooner boosters got together and started a funeral fund for him. NCAA officials, the almighty JACKASSES of college sports. I know they are because I have dealt with them firsthand, told the boosters that they could NOT do this, and had to cease and desist all charitable donations as it was deemed a violation of recruitment. You can't financially support on prospects, dead or alive.

I had to call BS when I saw this article about Woodlands gaining a status as a city and noticed comments of people going "OH NOEZ! If Yuuston annexes U we are finisssheed!!!111!!!LOL!" http://www.chron.com/disp/commnts.mpl/head...ckCurrentPage=0

I reminded the posters that plenty of unincorporated areas go ghetto. Look at the Westfield HS attendance zone of Spring ISD (I should have included DeKaney as well, but, oh well).

The example of the Westfield area going down that I used: the death of the kid at the apartment.

My God that is stupid and pathetic.They got into a fight over a ____ing pit bull? WTF? Behaving like they live in a 3rd world country. What kind of parent would raise kids like this?
I'm sure the N.O. dude wasn't raised well, but I believe the victim came from a good family. The problem is, even if you're raised well, you are still in an area where many kids grow up in apartment complexes and are raised on the streets by other kids. They don't have fathers and usually just live with other relatives where they don't get the kind of love they need directly from a married mother and father. This problem is only going to get worse. Lots of single moms and fathers having lots of kids with different women now days. Don't these idiots know that when they get pregnant or get someone pregnant, they are setting the kid up to have a troubled life? It makes me want devote my life to delivering planned parenthood speeches or abstinence or something.
Do you own a dog Auteur ? If someone was trying to claim your dog as THEIR'S what would you do? I would most likely call the cops, but if things got heated, and left with no other choice, I may have to fight for my dog, I would NOT just hand her over willingly. In a perfect world the cops would show up before any altercation occurred. In the thug world, things tend to escalate rather quickly. I am sure the kid wasn't looking for trouble, trouble just happened to find him. Now, to show you just how sure Oklahoma was that they were going to get this kid to play for them. The Sooner boosters got together and started a funeral fund for him. NCAA officials, the almighty JACKASSES of college sports. I know they are because I have dealt with them firsthand, told the boosters that they could NOT do this, and had to cease and desist all charitable donations as it was deemed a violation of recruitment. You can't financially support on prospects, dead or alive.
I had a dog throughout my childhood until recently. I would have done anything to protect that dog, but in this case, I'm sure the football player wasn't attached to his pitbull in a typical loving pet-owner kind of way. Pit bulls are nothing more than status symbols for thuggish types. He should have let the N.O. guy just have the dog and left him alone.

I'm sure the N.O. dude wasn't raised well, but I believe the victim came from a good family. The problem is, even if you're raised well, you are still in an area where many kids grow up in apartment complexes and are raised on the streets by other kids. They don't have fathers and usually just live with other relatives where they don't get the kind of love they need directly from a married mother and father. This problem is only going to get worse. Lots of single moms and fathers having lots of kids with different women now days. Don't these idiots know that when they get pregnant or get someone pregnant, they are setting the kid up to have a troubled life? It makes me want devote my life to delivering planned parenthood speeches or abstinence or something.

I had a dog throughout my childhood until recently. I would have done anything to protect that dog, but in this case, I'm sure the football player wasn't attached to his pitbull in a typical loving pet-owner kind of way. Pit bulls are nothing more than status symbols for thuggish types. He should have let the N.O. guy just have the dog and left him alone.

Do you actually read what you write BEFORE you post it on here ?

It is your belief that " the victim came from a good family." , and in the same breath you accuse him of being a "thuggish type" because he owned a pitbull, so he couldn't POSSIBLY be attached to the animal like you would have been ? That Puerto Rican/Czech education is really paying in dividends isn't it, that is some GREAT deductive reasoning. I will agree with you that you should DEFINATELY practice and give speeches on abstinence, for the sake of the world. :rolleyes:

Yada Nitzke! You are right, I should know, seeing as how my wife is half Czech (that's a true statement). LOL! They look so similar. Eh! Six in one hand, half dozen in the other. OK, I'll be over here with my DUNCE cap on!

pr.gif

cz.gif

Horseshoes and Hand grenades Mr.F ! Horseshoes and Handgrenades!!! LOL!

Do you actually read what you write BEFORE you post it on here ?

It is your belief that " the victim came from a good family." , and in the same breath you accuse him of being a "thuggish type" because he owned a pitbull, so he couldn't POSSIBLY be attached to the animal like you would have been ? That Puerto Rican/Czech education is really paying in dividends isn't it, that is some GREAT deductive reasoning. I will agree with you that you should DEFINATELY practice and give speeches on abstinence, for the sake of the world. :rolleyes:

I heard from someone who knew him well that he came from a good family. Some of the people I work with went to Westfield HS or recently graduated and knew him. The shooting happened while I was at work, right across the street from my office building. He (the victim) probably wasn't a thuggish type, but embraced some of the culture, if he was fighting over a pitbull. I've heard from people who understand the culture that a pit bull is a status thing for young adult males who are of the thuggish sort. I seriously doubt it's merely a coincidence that he had a pit bull and that he had the kind of owner/pet relationship that a normal family with kids would have for its dog.

By the way, I'm American by nationality and only 1/2 Czech by heritage, which is why I have the flag. I've never been to the Czech Republic nor have I received a Czech education.

I had to call BS when I saw this article about Woodlands gaining a status as a city and noticed comments of people going "OH NOEZ! If Yuuston annexes U we are finisssheed!!!111!!!LOL!" http://www.chron.com/disp/commnts.mpl/head...ckCurrentPage=0

I reminded the posters that plenty of unincorporated areas go ghetto. Look at the Westfield HS attendance zone of Spring ISD (I should have included DeKaney as well, but, oh well).

The example of the Westfield area going down that I used: the death of the kid at the apartment.

Vic, plenty of people in The Woodlands act "ghetto," by my definition.

Anywho, I really don't know why they are scared by Houston. I have seen more Houston Police officers driving through there to get to work than the MOntgomery County Sheriff . I just think they are scared by the unknown and have always lived in the far out burbs, where ever they have lived, because that's the best they can do in order to maintain the lifestlye they want. So the bubble and the illusion of living like a millionaire, and the safety that money can buy, is what they feel entitled too. I think its a burb mentality found in every remote community. In the city it takes more to achieve a safer enviroment to live in (ie. neighborhood, home and/or private school depending where you live).I think they fear that if Houston comes in, they will have to pony up more to maintain their current lifestyle.

Granted crime usually won't buy the gas it takes to get to a far out burb, but Houston is a whole 'nother animal and its boundaries are chewing up the map. They better prepare rather than continuing to turn a blind eye to the growing crime problem, and rather than blaming it on all the Mexican Nationals moving there ( that is what I heard them delicate flower about and what I am still getting emails about). Or they can move farther out into Montgomery to "escape." I know of several families doing this. Poor Daddy has to add another 20 minutes on to his commute, but so what right?

Incorporated or annexed, big bad Houston WILL affect the place very soon. All the business and and services they are building....where are the employees going to live? That brings low rent apartments. Where are those apartment kids going to go to school? That's bring the dreaded (gasp) melting pot of Houston in their schools. What is all that going to bring? More of a city envorment. So they better tightly grasp their Jumbo, Logo Coach bags and walk a little faster in their sparkly flips flops when they go to their cars, because the city is coming whether they want it too or not.

Don't get me wrong, I met some down to earth people that aren't sucked into the above. Strangley they were all single males from big cities or Houston folk giving the burbs a whirl or working in a satellite office up there. And none of them fear the cit,y as their experiences are much broader.

PS- I am not making a parody of the some of the residents, they have done it to themselves.

PSS- If Someone tried to take my dog, I'd make a scene too. I really feel sorry for this boy's family. Football player or not, he was a good kid, making good in his life. White or Black,poor or rich, kids like that don't come around too often.

I heard from someone who knew him well that he came from a good family. Some of the people I work with went to Westfield HS or recently graduated and knew him. The shooting happened while I was at work, right across the street from my office building. He (the victim) probably wasn't a thuggish type, but embraced some of the culture, if he was fighting over a pitbull. I've heard from people who understand the culture that a pit bull is a status thing for young adult males who are of the thuggish sort. I seriously doubt it's merely a coincidence that he had a pit bull and that he had the kind of owner/pet relationship that a normal family with kids would have for its dog.

So, it would only have been OK, if the dog was a cocker spaniel ? Only THEN you could see why he would have a reason for confrontation over the animal ?

Let me get this straight though. You think that ONLY "thuggish types" own pitbulls, or only Black people that own pitbulls are "thuggish types" ? Only people in the "thug culture" can own a pitbull ?

So, it would only have been OK, if the dog was a cocker spaniel ? Only THEN you could see why he would have a reason for confrontation over the animal ?

Let me get this straight though. You think that ONLY "thuggish types" own pitbulls, or only Black people that own pitbulls are "thuggish types" ? Only people in the "thug culture" can own a pitbull ?

Stop playing the devil's advocate. You know the pit-bull's status among young thuggish types of all races.

Stop playing the devil's advocate. You know the pit-bull's status among young thuggish types of all races.

The kid wasn't a thug though Jeebus. My next door neighbor has a pit. I know he is definately not a thug, just a bad chooser of dogs. I am waiting, with regret, for the day that I am gonna have to wind up killing my neighbor's dog.

The kid wasn't a thug though Jeebus.
You can't prove that he wasn't. There is unequal evidence for both sides:

Thug: Black, Apartment, Westfield High, Pitbull - Each one of these alone doesn't equal thug, but combined they draw the stereotypical image of one. Anyone who says different is a liar, and probably a closet bigot.

Not A Thug: Football scholarship.

My point is that thug or not - yes, if it was a cocker-spaniel nothing would have happened as the other kid would have been somewhere else, stealing someone else's pitbull. That is unless rappers are now walking cocker-spaniels in their videos. I don't know though because I don't watch BET.

I was just discussing my post with my wife and she thinks that he probably appeared to be a thug, even though he really wasn't. As in he was pretending to be what he had seen on his favorite rappers' videos.

So I guess rappers are to blame yet again. They are horrible role models, yet there seems to be no way to get through to these kids that this is the case. You know Quannell 10 isn't going to say anything.

Thanks for coming to my defense while I was away, Jeebus.

TJones, I never said that the kid was a thug, but that he got caught up in the sub-culture of today's black youth. This isn't the same black youth sub-culture of the 70s or even the early 90s. It's a lot darker and more hostile these days.

Archived