Houston, Dean, and the Media

editor

We were at the Wal-Mart on F.M. 2920 & Kuykendahl this morning and they were already completely out of bottled water, either in single bottles or gallons. Between this being a tax-free weekend for back-to-school shoppers and everyone stocking up for the hurricane, I don't think I've seen Wal-Mart so packed before. There was a long line in front of the gas pumps too. I guess everyone really IS paying close attention to the media.

Ah, the media and hurricanes. This is going to get good. Better hunker down.
Better hurricane coverage than another some gang member being shot, or some random hit-and-run.
We were at the Wal-Mart on F.M. 2920 & Kuykendahl this morning and they were already completely out of bottled water, either in single bottles or gallons. Between this being a tax-free weekend for back-to-school shoppers and everyone stocking up for the hurricane, I don't think I've seen Wal-Mart so packed before. There was a long line in front of the gas pumps too. I guess everyone really IS paying close attention to the media.
NBC just showed those flashy warning signs along the road somewhere in Texas reminding people to keep their gas tanks full because of a storm forming in the Gulf.

NBC just showed those flashy warning signs along the road somewhere in Texas reminding people to keep their gas tanks full because of a storm forming in the Gulf.

yep - this morning i saw that the message marquees along 610 through Bellaire/Galleria had the full gas tank advisory