80's Soap "texas" Set In Houston

• 3 months later...
On 1/26/2005 at 11:17 AM, KimberlySayWhat said:

In another thread I mentioned an old 80's short-lived NBC soap called "Texas" set in Houston. I did a search for the show and found a site where you can watch the opening and closing sequences from the show. There are shots of downtown, San Jacinto monument, etc.

The 1981 theme is entirely different from 1982 and is very "Dallas"-esque. The 1982 theme is longer and has more shots of Houston including one of a TV station that I didn't recognize and couldn't make out the name. Could have been a fictitious one for the show.

Both are equally kind of cheesy, but fun! The quality's not all that great, but here it is anyway:

Click under where it says "Videos":

"Texas" link

I've only watched the two opening sequences.

Oh, and for some reason that voice-over at the end of both videos just cracks me up.

They need to film TV shows or soap operas on location in TX particularly Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin.

On 8/30/2022 at 6:29 PM, Blue Dogs said:

They need to film TV shows or soap operas on location in TX particularly Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin.

As long as Texas politicians can make money off of having an adversarial relationship with creative industries in general, and Hollywood in particular, that's going to remain a wish, rather than a reality.

Look at how New Mexico has cultivated a productive relationship with studios, and now has a massive film and television industry, while still remaining a largely conservative state.  It totally ate Vancouver's lunch.  But its leaders seem more interested in serving their own state, rather than saying shocking things to get national media attention, and the campaign dollars that follow.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2022 at 3:58 PM, editor said:

As long as Texas politicians can make money off of having an adversarial relationship with creative industries in general, and Hollywood in particular, that's going to remain a wish, rather than a reality.

Look at how New Mexico has cultivated a productive relationship with studios, and now has a massive film and television industry, while still remaining a largely conservative state.  It totally ate Vancouver's lunch.  But its leaders seem more interested in serving their own state, rather than saying shocking things to get national media attention, and the campaign dollars that follow.

I do recall that "21 Jump Street" was filmed live on location in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for 5 Seasons (1987-1991) & if memory serves me right, I think the show aired on Fox 26 KRIV-TV Houston back in the day 🤔