Perry signs religion-in-schools bill

musicman

If a student wants to pray, they should be allowed to. If a group of students wants to have a daily prayer meeting, they should be allowed to. If muslim students want to hold prayer, they should be allowed to.

The establishment clause is not intended to BANISH religion from public institution but rather to avoid the state from requiring such displays. Being that there are many religions, it does complicate the situation. But it should not be abandoned simply because it is complicated.

This reminds me of a Snickers commercial during the *Not Going Anywhere For Awhile?* ad campaign...it had a football team holding a *PC* pre-game prayer with a reverend, a rabbi, a Hare Krishna etc.

I like the idea of the moment of silence. Pray to (insert hypothetical higher power) here silently. Matthew 6:5. B)

• 4 weeks later...
There is a difference between the right to express personal religious beliefs and making it a large public show like it was at Santa Fe's football games.

Isn't that like saying, "There's a big difference between the right to free speech and making it a large public show like saying what you believe on television?"

So in other words, the people protecting freedom of religion won at the US Supreme Court?

Yes they did. And we promptly un-elected them one by one until they were all gone. Now we have school board members in SFISD that conduct themselves as they were elected and sworn to do.

I'm confused as to the problem that exists with a moment of silence or a prayer for the safety of the players before a game. Even if you don't believe in God it's not like it's going to hurt anything.

And if prayer is out..then maybe a moment of silience to hope for the safety of everyone involved?

I'm confused as to the problem that exists with a moment of silence or a prayer for the safety of the players before a game. Even if you don't believe in God it's not like it's going to hurt anything.

And if prayer is out..then maybe a moment of silience to hope for the safety of everyone envolved?

People won't always admit openly but they DO gripe openly that prayer bothers them just to get attention. It's all about attention. Website Forums are no exception, if anything it brings the nuts out of the wood work. That would never happen here of course.

People won't always admit openly but they DO gripe openly that prayer bothers them just to get attention. It's all about attention. Website Forums are no exception, if anything it brings the nuts out of the wood work. That would never happen here of course.

Dude, put down the crack pipe. :lol:

Archived