Looking At Moving Into Cypresswood

69Goat

My wife and I have been looking at Cypresswood Subdivision for our next house. I love the trees, and the fact that it is a mature subdivision. They seem to have alot of amenities, like tennis courts, and two pools. What have you all heard about this subdivision?

I moved to Cypresswood in 1977 with my parents. It is a little more than 30 years old. My parents still live in the home they bought on Cypress Spring. It is a well kept, unpretentious neighborhood. Has had very few problems over the years. While my parents' home was built by a custom builder, many of the homes were built by tract builders. It is advisable to hire a good inspector to make sure that you do not end up with a problem house. This is not to suggest that Cypresswood has a lot of bad homes, as they were of above average quality when built. However, a house approaching 30-35 years old should be inspected carefully.

PM me if you'd like more info, or if you have a specific street in mind. The front part of the subdivion was built in the mid 70s, the middle part, late 70s, and the back, including the area around Ella was built in the early 80s. Good drainage, never heard of a flooding problem, except the few homes built along Cypress Creek.

I don't know details like red gave you, but I did grow up in that area and know people who live there. It seems like a great place to live to me. It's in a very convenient location as you have 24 hr fitness, grocery stores, banks and anything else you need close by, including the freeway which isn't far away. Plus, they have jogging trails along some of the roads. Just watch your speed as I've heard they're pretty quick to writing speeding tickets inside the neighborhood.

So is this area the same as around Cypresswood Drive? I worked near here a few years ago at Texas Children's Hospital clinic. Beautiful homes near the golf course. It is a nice area to live. Only bad thing for me is that it is too far from Chinatown , so i never considered moving out here.

• The title was changed to Looking At Moving Into Cypresswood

Archived