Pine Valley

Guest danax

Sounds like this guy has an ax to grind with white people in general. He says the deed restrictions are outdated. Since when is having a clean and orderly nabe, which is what the restrictions were created to help do, outdated? I guess when it becomes populated by people who don't care about those things.

Garage apartments in a lower class hispanic nabe speed the downward cycle, and that's probably just what this guy wants to keep white people from gentrifying the area. With no restrictions against building garage apartments, they get built en masse and the following chain of events occur;

1) More people move in. More noise, more trash, more dogs etc.

2) Cars increase, and often parking has been removed as the cheapest version of a garage apartment is to convert the garage into an apartment, which results in cars being parked everywhere.

3) Storage has been removed once the garage is gone, which results is junk being stored everywhere.

4) The back yard is gone, which results in more people partying in the front yard, the porch, the side yard etc. Dogs get put in the front yard behind the big iron fence or are let to run loose.

It becomes a lowly barrio scene, probably just what this guy wants to scare the white people from coming over and fixing the place up. A lot of these people don't want anyone to tell them what to do, and it sounds like this guy specializes in fanning flames.

Little does he realize that, if he's successful, he might prolong "his people's" stay there but he'll ultimately speed up the destruction as property values will stay low while the rest of the area improves. Then, the townhome developers might eventually find the decomposed properties on large lots attractive and call in the carpet bombers.

It sounds like this guy is a scam artist. I hope he doesn't succeed in getting the deed restrictions revoked. It will definitely spell bad news for Pine Valley residents (see danax's reasons above).

This reminds me a bit of that politician and his attempts to sustain poverty in the 3rd Ward to prevent gentrification.

Neighborhoods do not and cannot belong to a single ethnic or income group - they are always changing, especially in Houston!

this happened in my old neighborhood when i was an officer there. since it went to court and all parties were ordered to remain quiet i won't mention any names BUT the one complaining was trying to break restrictions. he is a builder who claimed the civic club was racist (ironically 2 of the 3 officers were minority)

Sounds like this guy has an ax to grind with white people in general. He says the deed restrictions are outdated. Since when is having a clean and orderly nabe, which is what the restrictions were created to help do, outdated? I guess when it becomes populated by people who don't care about those things.

Garage apartments in a lower class hispanic nabe speed the downward cycle, and that's probably just what this guy wants to keep white people from gentrifying the area. With no restrictions against building garage apartments, they get built en masse and the following chain of events occur;

1) More people move in. More noise, more trash, more dogs etc.

2) Cars increase, and often parking has been removed as the cheapest version of a garage apartment is to convert the garage into an apartment, which results in cars being parked everywhere.

3) Storage has been removed once the garage is gone, which results is junk being stored everywhere.

4) The back yard is gone, which results in more people partying in the front yard, the porch, the side yard etc. Dogs get put in the front yard behind the big iron fence or are let to run loose.

It becomes a lowly barrio scene, probably just what this guy wants to scare the white people from coming over and fixing the place up. A lot of these people don't want anyone to tell them what to do, and it sounds like this guy specializes in fanning flames.

Little does he realize that, if he's successful, he might prolong "his people's" stay there but he'll ultimately speed up the destruction as property values will stay low while the rest of the area improves. Then, the townhome developers might eventually find the decomposed properties on large lots attractive and call in the carpet bombers.

Above is exactly what happended to Sunnyland area. :(

My new next door neighbors now brought in rooster's and chickens which fly into our yards and cock a doodle doo at 4:30ish in the morning, weekends too. Just placed a couch on front yard where they booze and yell out loud and crank up car stereo (very loud). One day I will invite all of you to come witness since most of you think I exaggerate. :wacko: and yes, I am contacting 311 since HPD doesn't write them and citations. Any suggestions?

Desperate in Sunnyland

Archived