Non-Alcoholic Beer

EastEnd Susan

I have somehow managed to aquire an allergy to alcohol. I drank half a beer and went into anaphylactic shock and ended up in the emergency room. I went to an allergist and I'm not allergic to hops, yeast, barly or anything else in beer. All she could find was a lot of allergies to different molds and dust...oh.. and tumbleweeds, yes I said tumbleweeds. lol. I tried rum .. just a small sip and started to get hives. Grrrr. I miss my friday night relaxing with a frosty adult beverage. The only thing rum and beer have in common is the yeast for the fermenting process and alcohol and since I'm not allergic to yeast .... alcohol is the only thing left. Any ideas? I tried O'douls... nasty! I also tried one with a name that started with a K. also nasty. flat and no flavor. Any help would be appreciated.

As an avid beer drinker I can't imagine the pain you must be going through :rolleyes: . Unfortunately there is no fake beer on the market that's worth a crap.

Thats what I figured. Oh the pain!

Non-alcoholic beer still contains alcohol. If you are allergic to alcohol, do not, under any circumstances, drink non-alcoholic beer. There is far less alcohol, but still enough to illicit and unwanted and unhealthy reaction.

PS: There is no point to drinking beer if it doesn't contain alcohol. Sheesh. Cold urine that makes you feel giddy is something you learn to tolerate. Cold urine without the reaction, so not worth it.

Guest Marty

Take a look at this Beer nutritional chart you will see that O'Doul's has a 0.4% alcohol your Bud/Miller/Coors light has a 4.2% alcohol content. I would not smoke dope these days because it always lace with something. Beer100.com

I would never recommend anything illegal. However, many people have found great pleasure smoking marijuana.

I'm allergic to that too. It makes me throw up. I found that out in jr high school, so there. And even if I could smoke it I wouldnt. I get drug tested and I value my job and I dont like smoke in my very healthy lungs. I did try a Bavarian Malt non alcohol. It was very good. Only .05% alcohol. The same amount thats found in fruit juices. I had no side effects whatsoever. And it was nice holding that brown frosty bottle while visiting with friends.

I woke up this morning allergic to alcohol. My allergy should be over by this afternoon, though.

I had a touch of Beer Flu myself Red, thanks for nothing !

Susan, have you tried Malt Liquor. Maybe switch to Wine. See what happens.

I really LIKE the taste of beer. I dont drink it just to get a buzz. My favorite was Samuel Smiths oatmeal stout. I prefer dark beer. The darker and more robust the better. I guess I'll have to drink Malto Goya in pace of a dark beer and non alcohol Bavaria malt in place of a regular whimpy beer. Thank you all for your help. :)

I really LIKE the taste of beer. I dont drink it just to get a buzz. My favorite was Samuel Smiths oatmeal stout. I prefer dark beer. The darker and more robust the better. I guess I'll have to drink Malto Goya in pace of a dark beer and non alcohol Bavaria malt in place of a regular whimpy beer. Thank you all for your help. :)

Perhaps you are allergic to oatmeal ? Hmmmm.......this is perplexing.

You should really try some CHIMAY. It is an excellent ale that I am sure you will enjoy, and I am willing to bet it won't make you sick. It is made by Bavarian Monks, they know their stuff. Susan, have you ever had Shiner Bock ? If you like darker beers, this is a bit light, but very tasty.

Perhaps you are allergic to oatmeal ? Hmmmm.......this is perplexing.

You should really try some CHIMAY. It is an excellent ale that I am sure you will enjoy, and I am willing to bet it won't make you sick. It is made by Bavarian Monks, they know their stuff. Susan, have you ever had Shiner Bock ? If you like darker beers, this is a bit light, but very tasty.

Its the alcohol alone that I'm allergic to. I've been allergy tested for all foods. I have tried a few different beers since the first episode and have started to get an anaphylactic reation to all of them. I have tried wine coolers, wine, vodka, rum, tequila, and I start getting hives with a pre curser to anaphylactic shock. My allergist said to stay away from alcohol. I had oatmeal for breakfast Sunday morning. Love the stuff.

I'll just stick with non alcohol beers.

I'm allergic to that too. It makes me throw up. I found that out in jr high school, so there.

So your the one's we saw running across the football field at Jackson with those other hippies! That narc was right on your heels! (I mean sand desert boots) :lol: toss the evidence!

Its the alcohol alone that I'm allergic to. I've been allergy tested for all foods. I have tried a few different beers since the first episode and have started to get an anaphylactic reation to all of them. I have tried wine coolers, wine, vodka, rum, tequila, and I start getting hives with a pre curser to anaphylactic shock. My allergist said to stay away from alcohol. I had oatmeal for breakfast Sunday morning. Love the stuff.

I'll just stick with non alcohol beers.

Allergic to alcohol ! What a shame, I would just go buy a gun as it would be just TOO painful to carry on. ;)

Allergic to alcohol ! What a shame, I would just go buy a gun as it would be just TOO painful to carry on. ;)

Its ok, I've noticed that without the alcohol I no longer stand on my front lawn in my underwear. Now I just stand on my porch.

Aventinus > *.beer

It is a steak in a bottle/glass. I am used to drinking a few pitchers or a case when I drink beer (body mass, dough!) but the Aventinus snuck up on me after three. I ordered three more, not realizing how bad of an idea it was. I didn't drink more than maybe a quarter of the sixth.

The next day was not fun.

Archived