• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Time to get a new fluffy bunny....unless you're asking too much.

You're hilarious. The link is to an HAR listing. So, either the poster is a Realtor or (s)he is represented by one.

Too bad, I guess you had been waiting to show how clever you could be with that tired old line for weeks.

You're hilarious. The link is to an HAR listing. So, either the poster is a Realtor or (s)he is represented by one.

Too bad, I guess you had been waiting to show how clever you could be with that tired old line for weeks.

No, no....not cleverness...I'm trying to increase HAIF's Google Page Rank for the term "fluffy bunny"

My agent's a top RE-MAX producer with several million in sales and 20 year's experience. At the present the asking price is about $70/sq.ft. which is on par with similar homes in the area that sold in 2007. I just want to sell it, relocated to a new city and I don't need it any more.

I didn't have the heart to tell you this when you first posted, but you're going to have a very hard time finding a buyer in that area. I've driven through there and there is just no appeal.

No realtor is going to sell that house, only a lower price will sell it. Sorry, and good luck.

I called balderdash (not my first word choice) because we had more showings and at least two offers after his contract expired when we relisted with a new agent.

Mrs. Chang's track record speaks for itself. I am confident she can get it sold, it's just going to take some time.

Not to defend the peckerhead, but relisting the house did have the effect of putting it in the "new listings" category on the report that other Realtors pull for their clients. That's why all houses have a hot period early in their listing that drops off gradually.

That said, a thorough price analysis and expert pricing strategy upfront could have saved you a lot of time and possibly earned you some money. Your attitude is exactly right -- every house will sell at the right price and the right time. I don't do real estate anymore, but when I did, I intuitively understood this. Plus, I was mentored by a very good Realtor. I used to approach my listings with a 30-60-90 day strategy -- giving pricing strategy that I expected would move the house in various timeframes, based on comps and recent sales and their time on the market. After 90 days a listing is pretty stale and the only showings you get are low-ballers and tire-kickers.

Granted, I did real estate in a much better market than today. The fundamentals should be somewhat similar, though. there are still buyers in your price range. The key is timing and strategy for reaching them. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Archived