Lakewood Shopping Center At Highway 249 & Louetta

hardygirl

I noticed the Lakewood shopping center (located on the NW corner of Louetta and 249) is in the beginning stages of getting a new "look". It's long overdue. I remember years ago when the anchor tenant was a Safeway grocery store. This was back in the late 80's, early 90's - and the shopping center was probably doing pretty well then. Since then I've seen smaller occupants come and go...hair salons, an Eckards, etc. El Palenque has been there for quite some time and still seems to be the main attraction of the center. Now a breakfast/lunch only restaurant called "The Egg and I", is coming on board and is scheduled to open sometime in August. It's success will be dependent on hungry HP employees. But I'm glad to see something new here, and also glad to see that the shopping center is getting a face lift. I'm sure rennovations at the Spring Cypress center, plus the new Vintage center all had something to do with this.

That center IMO is primo real estate in that area and should benefit from the new construction and higher traffic that Vintage Park will bring. While I haven't seen that they're doing any major renovations (they should reposition this entire center as Caldwell is doing with the Spring Cypress Center). I have seen the buildout of the new breakfast place "The Egg and I" which I am looking forward to trying it as soon as it opens. We've been lacking a good "Le Peep" style breakfast place out here. Along with the HP crowd, It should also benefit from the presence of a couple of hotels next door.

8394BEB1-AA0D-4C76-8CC2-F354A7683E08_or.jpg

Edited by mrfootball

From their website:

http://www.theeggandirestaurants.com/index.html

The Egg and I Restaurant, an upscale breakfast and lunch concept, was created by Rayno and Patty Seaser. They opened the first Egg and I Restaurant on College Ave. in Ft. Collins, Colorado in 1987. On October 6, 2005, E & I Holdings, Inc. which is principally owned by Bill Baumhauer and Don Lamb, purchased the franchise system from the Seaser's. In addition, Bill and Don purchased three individual Egg and I Restaurants in Colorado, so they have 'a piece of the egg' themselves

Since 1987, the Egg & I has grown to 19 restaurants, both company owned and franchised, in Colorado and Wyoming.

The Company is expanding the concept nationally, primarily through franchising the concept to qualified individuals. It is anticipated that over the next five years an additional 40 to 50 restaurants will be opened throughout the US.

Menu

Looks like it'll be a lot like Le Peep, which is ok by me. I love Le Peep.

• The title was changed to Lakewood Shopping Center At Highway 249 & Louetta