Off Topic --Tube Purchase

It'll be the Guadalupe river but would like to purchase the tubes here in the Houston area before heading there.

Ah, ok. You had me concerned there for a minute. When you said "the river," I was thinking about Brazos or San Jac, and wondering who dropped you on your head as a child... :P

There are several places along the Guadalupe where you can rent tubes and arrange for transportation. Probably a better deal than buying and storing a bunch of inner tubes at home unless you're going to do this kind of thing every other weekend or something.

Ah, ok. You had me concerned there for a minute. When you said "the river," I was thinking about Brazos or San Jac, and wondering who dropped you on your head as a child... :P

There are several places along the Guadalupe where you can rent tubes and arrange for transportation. Probably a better deal than buying and storing a bunch of inner tubes at home unless you're going to do this kind of thing every other weekend or something.

Well we have 26 people going next Wed. through Sunday and as of right now the place we are staying will not be renting tubes b/c of the river levels so we were hoping just to buy some here in the Houston area. I use to know a place off N. Gessner/Beltway 8 but its not there anymore.

Well we have 26 people going next Wed. through Sunday and as of right now the place we are staying will not be renting tubes b/c of the river levels so we were hoping just to buy some here in the Houston area. I use to know a place off N. Gessner/Beltway 8 but its not there anymore.

The old black rubber tubes are pretty hard to find, but try good old REI or Academy.

If the locals aren't renting tubes because of high river levels, then you shouldn't be on the river!

You'll either end up dead or risking lives in a dangerous rescue attempt.

Trust the locals...they live on the river. They know how dangerous it can be.

There've been two drownings in the last two weeks on the Guadalupe. Apparently the only way you can go down the river right now is with a guide...and even the guy that drowned this week was on a guided tour.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/sto...ng.35da02e.html