Houston Seven Wonders

OK. We knew none of Houston's landmarks would make the list recently published by the group New7Wonders

Following is a look at the Chronicle's picks for the Seven Wonders, Houston-style.

The Astrodome, 8400 Kirby

Beer Can House, 222 Malone

Houston Ship Channel

Interstate 10 and Beltway 8 interchange

Menil compound

Saturn V rocket at the Johnson Space Center, 2101 NASA Parkway

Quan Am sculpture, 10002 Synott Road

full article

I'd have to add the San jacinto monument.

It will be cool if we could make our own list. If someone could make a list of 20 or so spots in Houston and then we could vote and have a pole, or do it some other way. I read the comments from readers that are posted at the end of the article and majority of the posters have nothing but negative comments about anything and everything about Houston. They make up facts as they go on with their post. I read some other articles and it was the same kind of negative, inaccurate post.

Not just that, the majority of responses to chron.com's articles are negative. Click on just about any article and you'll see...

Unfortunately, the internet brings out the complainers. It's true here on HAIF and everywhere else. I think it goes along with the adage about how it's hard to create, but easy to criticize. The internet is attractive to lazy people because it gives them a large voice with little effort.