New sub forum suggestion

Guest Marty

Guest Marty

As of now The Great Northwest sub forum is confusing and includes everything east of I-45 like Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Deerbrook mall, Bush Intercontinental Airport which is in northeast Harris County.

Edited by Marty

I don't mind opening a new section for Humble, Kingwood, et. al, but we really haven't had much participation from people up there. By contrast, the 1960 and beyond crowd has been very vocal and active, probably because there's more of them and they're a different demographic.

I'd expect them to post in Woodlands/Conroe instead of Great Northwest.

Maybe the "Woodlands/Conroe" section could just be retitled "Northern Suburbs" and that would include everything north of the beltway and in between the Tomball Pkwy and the Crosby Fwy. That might help people figure out where to put post regarding any developments near Spring, Lake Houston or around the Eastex Fwy without removing anything from the existing Woodlands/Conroe section.

Other suggestions for a re-title of the "Woodlands/Conroe" section are...

1. Northern Forest Communities

2. NorBurbs

3. The Northern Pines

Naming regions in Houston is fun to play with because none of the areas have a strict name. Here's your chance to create some, who knows maybe they will stick like "midtown" did.

Just ignore this if it sounds stupid - it isn't my place to suggest anything around here, but I couldn't resist throwing in my 2 cents. :)

Edited by Mister X

Guest Marty

Woodlands/Conroe is better for search purposes on the internet for people want to move here from out of state than "The North Suburbs".

Edited by Marty

Maybe the "Woodlands/Conroe" section could just be retitled "Northern Suburbs" and that would include everything north of the beltway and in between the Tomball Pkwy and the Crosby Fwy. That might help people figure out where to put post regarding any developments near Spring, Lake Houston or around the Eastex Fwy without removing anything from the existing Woodlands/Conroe section.

Other suggestions for a re-title of the "Woodlands/Conroe" section are...

1. Northern Forest Communities

2. NorBurbs

3. The Northern Pines

Naming regions in Houston is fun to play with because none of the areas have a strict name. Here's your chance to create some, who knows maybe they will stick like "midtown" did.

Just ignore this if it sounds stupid - it isn't my place to suggest anything around here, but I couldn't resist throwing in my 2 cents. :)

I actually like this. I suggest "Northern Pines". The Earth Quest thread (along with others probably), are in the Woodlands/Conroes section. Earth Quest is over in New Caney...

Good job editor! That's good, too. People still looking for info on the Woodlands can still find it. I like the way the subforums for the Houston Metro are now than before. They all have at least 1,000 posts in them now.

Edited by Trae

Guest Marty

I agree, i like the piney woods name maybe someone can post a map of the different areas/regions in each forum, like a sticky.?

Edited by Marty

I agree, i like the piney woods name maybe someone can post a map of the different areas/regions in each forum, like a sticky.?

Best idea I've heard all day. If I don't do it in the next couple of days, bug me about it.