Garage Apartment Advice Needed

cabanaboy

Need a little more info. Are you building from scratch? Tearing down an old garage? Finishing out a shell? You can build a shell garage with an empty upstairs, including slab, for around $30,000, give or take a few thou. This will get you a 2 car garage, and an empty room upstairs of roughly 600 square feet. Finish out on the apartment could add $30,000 to $50,000, depending on how nice the finishes are, and how nice the bath and kitchen are. Bath and kitchen will cost the most, followed by AC.

Need a little more info. Are you building from scratch? Tearing down an old garage? Finishing out a shell? You can build a shell garage with an empty upstairs, including slab, for around $30,000, give or take a few thou. This will get you a 2 car garage, and an empty room upstairs of roughly 600 square feet. Finish out on the apartment could add $30,000 to $50,000, depending on how nice the finishes are, and how nice the bath and kitchen are. Bath and kitchen will cost the most, followed by AC.

I'm looking to build from scratch. 800-1000 build out for living with a low trim level. I imagine I'll have a hard time finding a contractor to work on something so small.

Any contractor reccomendations or tales of experience?

I'm looking to build from scratch. 800-1000 build out for living with a low trim level. I imagine I'll have a hard time finding a contractor to work on something so small.

Any contractor reccomendations or tales of experience?

i've been hearing from quite a few people that contractors are busy. 800-1000 is a big garage apartment

Archived