Southwest Corner Of I-10 And Westgreen Blvd.

Well - there is something going in on the SW corner of Westgreen and I-10. There is a sign there for a CVS pharmacy but it doesn't appear that the construction has started on that yet. They are also building something else that kind of appears to be a car dealership. Does anyone have any information?

i've been wondering the same thing and i dont have a clue. what they have there now cant be a cvs, besides its too far from the freeway. the whole car dealership thing im not too sure if that is what it is. sorry i didnt help but i'll let ya know if i find something else out.

Alright - I looked at it again driving in today. It appears that there are garages for cars on both sides of the building. Also, there are a lot of big holes in the structure - probably for windows - making me think again that it is a car dealership that will have I-10 frontage. The building is set pretty far back off of the feeder road, making lots of room for concrete!

It looks to me like it may be a Circuit City with the 3-car install garage on the side. They're almost as bad as Walgreens & CVS about being close to the competition, and with Best Buy just across the freeway...

Scratch that. They added on a ton of stuff to the back of the building. It's looking more like some kind of car dealership.

The only ones we seem to be missing out here are Chrysler-Jeep (which didn't last long in their spot at the mall), Nissan and Mercedes. Any guesses?

Edited by ScottP

Ladies and gentlemen, that is a HONDA dealership going in there on Westgreen.

ummmm, and you aren't missing a Nissan Dealer Scott. There is Champion Nissan right next to Katy Mills Mall.

Edited by TJones

Alright - this makes sense. A Honda dealership. Where is the closet one - somewhere around I-10 and Gessner on the North Side?

Yeah - there is a Nissian (sp?) dealership on the SouthEast corner of I-10 and Pin Oak right next to Katy Mills Mall. A little bit further East on the feeder road there used to a Jeep dealership (also in front of Katy Mills). It closed down a while back. What is amazing to me is that Jeep / Chrysler / dodge has built and closed so many dealerships over the last few years out towards katy along I-10. There were two dealerships built along the Katy Freeway just East of HWY 6. One was a jeep / chrysler and one was a dodge. I think the chrysler / jeep one closed and moved in with the Dodge dealership. The old Chrysler / jeep place sat empty for a while and now it is a Mercedes dealership. So the combined jeep / chrysler / dodge closed down a while later and that sat empty for a while. Then they opened a jeep / chrysler out in katy by Katy Mills - and it closed. Now they have re-opened the one I was just talking about as a jeep / chrysler. And they have a dodge place around Westgreen.

Crazy.

They are crappy cars. That's probably why. I actually got my Titan from Champions Nissan. We use to go to Mossy Nissan, but this one is closer (I can walk in about 15-20 minutes to Champions).

Edited by Trae

Nearest Honda is Beltway and I-10 Goodson Honda.

Trae, no "S" on the end of Champion my friend. Nissan also thanks you for your business. Instead of walking though, just DRIVE the TITAN over to Champion Nissan next time. ;):P:lol:

GrandLakes, Mr.Archer built both facilities, the Katy Mills one closed about 2 years ago. Now no NEW Dealerships can be built passed Mason Rd. to Katy Proper for aesthetic reasons. This was passed almost immediately after he built the dealership and Mr. Archer saw this as bad business for him, so he went about a year there, and decided to move back to what was left of his old place after BMW took some of his old dealership. Only Chrysler and Jeep product in there I believe. I will have to look again tomorrow. Allen Samuels is the large Dodge joint right before Mason Rd.

Edited by TJones

Ladies and gentlemen, that is a HONDA dealership going in there on Westgreen.

ummmm, and you aren't missing a Nissan Dealer Scott. There is Champion Nissan right next to Katy Mills Mall.

Yeah, had a complete brain fart on that one. I even looked at a car there once. I guess it wasn't very memorable.

Edited by ScottP

Well no wonder all of the dealerships are packing themselves in East of Mason on the South side of I-10. Makes sense. I wonder what will happen to the 'old' Archer dealership by Katy Mills Mall? It will have to be something that is more of a destination purchase like Land Rover, Jag, Infiniti, Lexus, etc. Maybe a combination.

Interesting.

• The title was changed to Southwest Corner Of I-10 And Westgreen Blvd.