nmm

Not exactly sure what this is, but I heard a report that said Phoenix was the 5th largest city in the country due to proximity to the Mexican border. It was basically also saying that the top 10 cities in the USA are now closer to the Mexican border whereas a couple of decades ago, the top 10 cities in the USA were within 500 miles of the Canadian border.

Phoenix is expensive. It isn't that cheap like people are making it out to be.

Don't forget cheap is relative, not fixed. For people moving to Phoenix from the SF Bay Area (and other cities like Boston, NY, DC), Phoenix is cheap although not as cheap as moving to many cities in Texas, Houston, for example. I'm the first to admit that living in the SF Bay area distort one's view of what housing should cost, but from where I sit, being able to purchase a house--not a condo-- for less than 400,000 seems cheap to me. ;)

http://www.nysun.com/article/57514

This really wowed me.

New York City is twice as big as any other municipality in the country
Houston, with an approximate population of 2.1 million, is currently the fourth largest city in the country. If measured separately from New York City, Brooklyn and Queens would be the fourth and fifth largest cities, with populations of 2.5 million and 2.2 million, respectively
That's big, to say the least.

Archived