West Houston Plan 2050

aggie0083

That is interesting.

At some point we're going to have to startup a Northwest Houston Association, because both the West Houston Associations and the North Houston Associations like to claim this area, which is outpacing growth in either area that claims us, using our numbers to bolster their own demos while directing initiatives towards their own core. Just like in the present Harris County precinct system, this area's interests and representation get divided so that we actually lie on the fringes of either area, where, ideally, this area (NW Houston) should have its own precinct, its own 'Development Association' and the like working on behalf of the people here.

North Houston Association

West Houston Association

Edited by mrfootball

This includes descriptions of two new major "parkways": "Prairie Parkway" running north-south between 290 and Westpark roughly through Waller and Brookshire, and "Lone Star Parkway" running west from 290 along the route of FM 529. The intersection of the two, and the intersection of the latter with Grand Parkway are expected to be major commercial areas. As a point of comparison, currently the intersection of 529 with the road to Brookshire is prairie, with almost no significant development.

The plan is very big on master-planned communities, not surprising if you look at sponsors.

This includes descriptions of two new major "parkways": "Prairie Parkway" running north-south between 290 and Westpark roughly through Waller and Brookshire, and "Lone Star Parkway" running west from 290 along the route of FM 529. The intersection of the two, and the intersection of the latter with Grand Parkway are expected to be major commercial areas. As a point of comparison, currently the intersection of 529 with the road to Brookshire is prairie, with almost no significant development.

The plan is very big on master-planned communities, not surprising if you look at sponsors.

I'm not to happy about this proposed "Prairie Parkway" as I've got property in Brookshire, and this will inevitably bring to many people and traffic noise to the area. Of course business owners in Brookshire will probably bend over backwards for this because of the almost non existant business climate.

Nope, I don't see any major commercial on the map at Prairie and Lone Star...not that the map actually means anything, of course.

West Houston Assn. likes master planned communities more or less because they look nice and attract better demographics. Developers, engineers, and the like can develop anywhere and in any form. Only a very few are equipped to handle the financial burden of a large MPC, anyway. Whether it happens in one form or another, they'll be there to build and make money.

Interesting for sure. I don't like looking at projects forcast for that far into the future since it makes me think of how far that is away.

Maybe I need to read more carefully but the part about nature and conservation seems to read like someone is tapdancing in a minefield. They seem to skirt the issue, talking in ambiguities when it comes to that issue.

And the whole premise of creating a 4 year college or university almost seems silly. How many new colleges that were not community colleges have been created in the past, oh, 50 years?

Interesting for sure. I don't like looking at projects forcast for that far into the future since it makes me think of how far that is away.

Maybe I need to read more carefully but the part about nature and conservation seems to read like someone is tapdancing in a minefield. They seem to skirt the issue, talking in ambiguities when it comes to that issue.

And the whole premise of creating a 4 year college or university almost seems silly. How many new colleges that were not community colleges have been created in the past, oh, 50 years?

Maybe just a branch of an existing university. Like a "University of Houston - Cypress"

Like I mentioned in another post...my dad's land was smack dab in the middle of the "Aggie Expressway" proposed route...and that project is very realistic as College Station to Navasota will be a full-fledged freeway shortly....

The Prairie Parkway sounds great but Brookshire's longterm value is tied to Katy as Waller is dependent on Prairie View and Northwest Houston...the Grand Parkway's development would decide if another road is even needed...

Like I mentioned in another post...my dad's land was smack dab in the middle of the "Aggie Expressway" proposed route...and that project is very realistic as College Station to Navasota will be a full-fledged freeway shortly....

The Prairie Parkway sounds great but Brookshire's longterm value is tied to Katy as Waller is dependent on Prairie View and Northwest Houston...the Grand Parkway's development would decide if another road is even needed...

There was actually a proposed route for the Aggie Expressway? I never knew it even got to that stage :o

UH-Clear Lake and UH-Downtown are each independent universities from UH-Central and have been created in the not-so-distant past. The Cinco Ranch campus is still aligned with UH-Central, and relatively few classes are offered there. I'm not sure about what category the Sugar Land campus falls into.

And I'm pretty sure that several new universities have been created from scratch in recent times up in Dallas.

The route is along 249 as once you get past Tomball, and you see the freeway was built with frontage roads in mind already as you approach Magnolia. The route past 1774 to 105 had several proposals to connect with Highway 6...

The Highway 6 part is being constructed now and I'm not sure what the connecting route will be...I think it's along 1774