Entrepreneurs Filling Niche Keeping Ponds Sparkling

mrfootball

Interesting. I prefer my ponds the old fashioned way -- low, mucky, and bursting with frogs and dragonflies.

Me too. But, doesn't this article remind you of the Galveston Beach thread, where some do not like what nature has done on its own, and suggest "enhancements", so that it "looks better"? While creating dual use projects, such as making floodwater retention ponds that also function as fishing ponds is admirable, and welcomed, it is a bit sad that they must dye the water so that it "looks like" the kind of lake we like. Will we soon begin practicing eugenics on nature?

Interesting. I prefer my ponds the old fashioned way -- low, mucky, and bursting with frogs and dragonflies.

I have to agree. The ponds need to be somewhat natural, frogs and dragonflies help keep the mosquitoes in check and serve as enough of a "yuck" factor for kids to want to play at the edge. Also, i can serve as a way to keep flooding under control.

What I find interesting (and this should be under another topic) is the city's "Reforestation" projects in various parts of the city including the Will Clayton. Should be interesting to watch that grow over the next few decades.

Archived