H-Town Man now has an Avatar

H-Town Man

I've been on this site for nearly five years, and just now got around to getting myself an avatar. I felt it deserved an announcement.

Flame away.

Congratulations!!!!

I give it 2 thumbs up.

Guest Marty

That's a nice one.

My favorite avatar is what I have now, I found it on a Neon art site a while back but can't remeber which one but its a all Neon light's, somewhere around five feet tall.

It looks like "Ultra Man", a giant Japanese super hero in the mid 70's.

It does, now that you mention it. Only Giant Robot has the distinctive pharoah helmet.

Giant Robot:

robot_johnnysokko.jpg

Ultra Man:

ultraman-s1v1-03.jpg

I have a nice little Ultraman robot at home.

It does, now that you mention it. Only Giant Robot has the distinctive pharoah helmet.

Giant Robot:

robot_johnnysokko.jpg

Ultra Man:

ultraman-s1v1-03.jpg

I have a nice little Ultraman robot at home.

Oh man, that brings back memories. I was "Ultra Man" for halloween somewhere around 73. Around that time I had a Japanese friend who would show me via magazines, all of the different Ultra Man like characters from Japan. I remember thinking, this Japan has got to be the coolest country in the world. :lol:

Guest Marty

Wasn't Ultra man solid gold or am i thinking of another robot. I remember someone had a robot moving around for a signature when I was a lurker that look like him.

What finally prompted you to get an Avatar?

I like mine, Esp when someone said it scared them when they first saw it. :)

I think the other day I was looking at the building that signified my number of posts, and thinking "that's not the building I want to represent me." I actually had this photo in mind years ago for if I ever decided I wanted an avatar, but I just never got around to doing it.

I don't change things very often - I think my sig dates back to the old forum - and when I do, it's deliberated.

Yours is cool. Montrose1100's might be my favorite. I liked Subdude's when it was James Bond.

• 1 year later...

Yeah. Frotz is out for the iPhone, but I haven't loaded up Zork yet.

I first played Zork around 1981 on a TRS-80. I really got into it in 1982 on my Commodore 64. It was my second game (Jupiter Lander was the first) and I still think the best one I've played.

Archived