Proposal to ban lawn-parking

sevfiv

Getting 60% of property owners' signatures in this neighborhood for anything would be nothing short of miraculous! However, I would be willing to walk the blocks with someone who speaks Spanish better than I do.

Yea, I think Broadmoor has more of a problem than Eastwood with the yard parkers. I think there will be enough volunteers to hit the streets. All I can offer is bad-tourist Spanish, so you probably have an edge!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, I think Broadmoor has more of a problem than Eastwood with the yard parkers. I think there will be enough volunteers to hit the streets. All I can offer is bad-tourist Spanish, so you probably have an edge!

some things that sound good to us...sound bad to others. in my old hood, getting the same percentage to update/renew the deed restrictions was VERY difficult. you have to have people that don't sound/look aggressive but who are knowledgeable and convincing. my mom and an elderly lady were the best at this.

i spoke to a couple of councilmembers' offices and one said it was a civic club petition OR the 60% signatures which is how it was described a few weeks ago. i'm gonna call someone i know in planning tomorrow to get some clarification

Please give us an update on what you learn.

some things that sound good to us...sound bad to others. in my old hood, getting the same percentage to update/renew the deed restrictions was VERY difficult. you have to have people that don't sound/look aggressive but who are knowledgeable and convincing. my mom and an elderly lady were the best at this.

that makes sense. When they did the deed restriction renewal here a couple of years ago, I heard it was tough going trying to reach out without putting people off.

• 1 month later...

went to a meeting regarding lawn parking last nite. while they mentioned that there could be changes based on our comments last nite here's what the requirements were:

1)submit application

2) copy of civic club meeting minutes denoting the resuoluation from the board authorizing the filing of the application.

3) copy of the bylaws

4)letter of support by the civic club signed by president

5) map of the of the proposed area

6) map of the property land uses

7) description or map of area within the proposed boundary where front or side yard parking is problematic

8) pictures or other media to illustrate front and side yard parking problems within the proposed boundary.

9) one stamped addressed envelope per single family residential owner identified in the county tax roll list.

10) copy of public notifications (public notification and signs required)

there will be another meeting on 3/31 at the community center on gray.

#9 seems to be the most difficult at this point as many interested neighborhoods have 1000's of homes but little funding. planning said they are working on a way to help residents easily access address databases but nothing yet.

enforcement will be done by hpd, neighborhood protection (here's where you heard the snickers) and parking enforcement personel.

Also there will supposedly be a companion piece of legislation which will limit just how much concrete your total yard can be which hopefully will prevent people from paving their whole front yard.

Also there will supposedly be a companion piece of legislation which will limit just how much concrete your total yard can be which hopefully will prevent people from paving their whole front yard.

Was there mention if this is for future paving? Will the limit of concrete already in place be grandfathered in?

Was there mention if this is for future paving? Will the limit of concrete already in place be grandfathered in?

yes future...but they made it sound like <2months and it will be in effect. grandfathering is most likely according to the legal dept rep.

• 3 weeks later...
went to a meeting regarding lawn parking last nite. while they mentioned that there could be changes based on our comments last nite here's what the requirements were:

1)submit application

2) copy of civic club meeting minutes denoting the resuoluation from the board authorizing the filing of the application.

3) copy of the bylaws

4)letter of support by the civic club signed by president

5) map of the of the proposed area

6) map of the property land uses

7) description or map of area within the proposed boundary where front or side yard parking is problematic

8) pictures or other media to illustrate front and side yard parking problems within the proposed boundary.

9) one stamped addressed envelope per single family residential owner identified in the county tax roll list.

10) copy of public notifications (public notification and signs required)

there will be another meeting on 3/31 at the community center on gray.

#9 seems to be the most difficult at this point as many interested neighborhoods have 1000's of homes but little funding. planning said they are working on a way to help residents easily access address databases but nothing yet.

enforcement will be done by hpd, neighborhood protection (here's where you heard the snickers) and parking enforcement personel.

UPDATE: #9 has been dropped from the proposal. the stamped, addressed envelopes are not required!

Archived