Phonoscope internet and cable

Hi,

I will be moving to Houston shortly and the apartment community that I have rented at provides cable/internet service through PHONOSCOPE.

Can anyone please tell me if this is a good provider, especially for high speed internet?

How reliable are they and their customer service?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi,

I will be moving to Houston shortly and the apartment community that I have rented at provides cable/internet service through PHONOSCOPE.

Can anyone please tell me if this is a good provider, especially for high speed internet?

How reliable are they and their customer service?

Thanks,

Andy

My only experience with Phonoscope is with cable. They were terrible. No Food Channel, no HGTV. Thought I was going to die.

Seems like they have those channels now.....http://www.phonoscopecable.com/channel_lineup/

I am stuck with them, so I hope someone has a positive experience!

Thanks,

Andy

Could be. My experience with them is dated. From 2002.

I'm a better person for it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :P

I currently have Phonoscope. I've been very happy with their service so far. Their cable internet works well, they offer HDTV, and their price seem to be in line with than Comcast. Best of all, they setup my new account within a day or two.

A service called FISION was suppose to take over Phonoscope Networks but the deal fell through. Nobody knows why.

That's why they are laying their own fiber to the "rich neighborhoods". It may be a while before you see it spread out throughout Houston and suburban areas. If you could get Fision or already have it, you are very lucky!

Phonoscope capabilities and channel lineups can vary widely from neighborhood to neighborhood.

I had them for a year and in that time they kept tucking announcements into the bill touting their new channels and service upgrades in different areas EXCEPT MINE. They promised for a year that we would get cable internet, but they never delivered. I ended up moving to a TimeWarner building and got internet immediately.

But at least they were cheap.

Archived